Re: [Imperial-Club] Please Welcome Clinton Cole LeVasseur

  • Clinton LeVasseur
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2009
      The 518 tranny needs only to have the lock up converter and overdrive cut-in taken care of in a conversion.  PATC transmissions which is easy to find thru yahoo sells all that is needed for the conversion.  I bought all including the new tranny itself itself from them.  The converter and overdrive are handled by two pressure switches and thats it really.  The rest is the same as the 727 as this tranny really is a 727 in most ways with an overdrive simply bolted on in the tailshaft.  Asa for the tunnel, there were two places where it needed opened up more than what could be done with a hammer.  We had to cut just once and put in a small patch bubble under the front seat.  The crossmember was in the same place horizontally,but had to go down either three or three and a half inches.  Driveshaft had to be shortened, but again, no big deal.   Finally done, the first drive was great.  A dream come true for me.  Putting in a 3.54 ratio with sure
      grip, I now have all the low end to keep right with most anyone out there on the average road with only one exeption so far and that was a t-bucket/hemi firebreather.  With overdrive though, it still will cruise all day in the triple digits.  80mph now is only around 2300 rpm's.  I've gotten 140 mph out of it so far, but its alot to hold onto at that speed.  A little more front end work will hopefully take care of that though!  CL