1959 Imperial Bumper Jack Storage

(40735)
  • Carl Kelsen Arlette Pat
    Nov 10, 2013 Expand Messages
      Hi everyone,
      Recently our 1959 Imperial Crown 4 door hardtop arrived in Australia from the United States. I am slowly learning more about this car. It's only done 50,000 miles since new so it's a genuine surviver. I do have an oil leak to deal with but think it might be coming from the oil filter. Perhaps the oil filter simply needs a little extra turning.

      The bumper jack. For the life of me I cannot see how to correctly store the factory bumper jack in the cars trunk. With the bumper jack mounted on the brackets, it's not possible to then position the spare tire directly over its mounting point which means nothing else lines up. Can anyone tell what I am doing wrong, or perhaps send me some photos showing how the jack should be correctly stored?

      The car is otherwise outstanding and the more I get to know it, the more impressed I get.

      Regards
      Carl Kelsen
      1959 imperial Crown Southampton 4 door hardtop
      Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic