      From: Jimmy
      Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 9:42 PM
      Subject: Re: [Imperial-Club] 60 AC condenser/cooler/line installation completed.

      Hi Norm and all,
          I have two imperials now needing R 12 to get them to cooling next year, but only have three small cans left from the dark ages when you could get them on sale for $0.89.  I don’t want to change over to the new 134 or what ever it is, so am looking for a directly compatible replacement for R 12.  Some of the things I have seen are hydrocarbons that supposedly cool well, but are highly flammable if you happen to get a leak.  In fact, I think they are against the law here in Louisiana.  If anybody knows of a good substitute for R 12, I would love to know about it.
      Jimmy
      ‘56 4d Imperial
      ‘67 Crown Coupe

      Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 9:18 PM

      Last night I was bored and energetic, so I installed the condenser and cooler on my 60 and re-connected all the lines and hoses. Not a terrible job, but I discovered that in order to get the condenser positioned correctly, the front vertical brace has to come out. Well, all's in its place now and as soon as I have the gauges re-done by JC Auto, I'll see about getting some good ole R 12 in to the system to get it crankin.
      Norm

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic