      Date: 11/9/2013 5:58:12 PM
      Subject: SV: [Imperial-Club] Re: Refrigerant leak detection

      I once had a ship refrigeration mechanic check the leaking system of one of my cars, where despite hundreds spent in shops no-one had found the two-weeks-to-empty leak previously. He filled up the system with carbon dioxide gas and raised the pressure 50% above normal before applying a dishwasher type soap solution to all tubing surface and especially fittings. After 10 minutes he had located the leak, it almost looked to easy but apparently was a common practice on the big systems he usually worked on. Anyone else having experience with this method?

      Narve N

      In Norway