      Subject: SV: [Imperial-Club] Re: Refrigerant leak detection
      To: Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, November 9, 2013, 5:54 PM

      I once had a ship
      refrigeration mechanic check the leaking system of one of my
      cars, where despite hundreds spent in shops no-one had found
      the two-weeks-to-empty leak previously. He filled up the
      system with carbon dioxide gas and raised the pressure 50%
      above normal before applying a dishwasher type soap solution
      to all tubing surface and especially fittings. After 10
      minutes he had located the leak, it almost looked to easy
      but apparently was a common practice on the big systems he
      usually worked on. Anyone else having experience with this
      method?
       Narve
      NIn
      Norway