      From: Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jimmy
      Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 10:42 PM
      To: Imperial-Club@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Imperial-Club] 60 AC condenser/cooler/line installation completed.

      Hi Norm and all,

      I have two imperials now needing R 12 to get them to cooling next year, but only have three small cans left from the dark ages when you could get them on sale for $0.89. I don’t want to change over to the new 134 or what ever it is, so am looking for a directly compatible replacement for R 12. Some of the things I have seen are hydrocarbons that supposedly cool well, but are highly flammable if you happen to get a leak. In fact, I think they are against the law here in Louisiana. If anybody knows of a good substitute for R 12, I would love to know about it.

      Jimmy

      ‘56 4d Imperial

      ‘67 Crown Coupe