Marie Antoinette or Beauty and the Beast

  • axel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2013
      I've just posted a drawing of Marie Antoinette, picturing the youthful beautiful Queen with her high headdress of 1776 – 1777.

      It is posted to the photo album "Deviant Art". This drawing was by Vangelis66, of the UK, and it is posted with his kind permission.

      To see more work by this fine artist, you can visit his site at deviantart - http://vangelis66.deviantart.com/

      In posting his pencil drawing of the Queen at Deviant Art, Vangelis wrote, " Another Pencil sketch in my postcard series centered around the guillotine and those unfortunate enough to have come into close contact with the National Razor".

      Vangelis titled this sketch "Marie Antoinette or Beauty and the Beast". The drawing includes a guillotine . Hard to believe this vision of youthful splendor and beauty will meet her fate on the guillotine 16 years later.

      Thanks again to the artist for allowing me to re-post his work.

      Axel