Death of the Dauphin 1789

  • axel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2013
      I have just posted a drawing "Death of Dauphin" by Dennis
      Budesheim and from his blog "Mason Gross Survivor" by Dennis Budesheim.

      They were originally posted by Dennis to his blog in July 27, 2011 and is reposted here with his kind permission. Here is a link to that original post http://dennisbudesheim.tumblr.com/post/7744970631/death-of-the-dauphin

      This is the 12th of a series of posts to this group from the Mason Gross Survivor blog. That original artwork by Dennis is a pen and ink drawing of the Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette as the King and Queen grieve for the death of their young son the Duaphin Louis Joseph. This drawing can also be found as "Dennis 13 – Death of Dauphin" in the album "Dennis MA drawings".

      As we recall the death of the Dauphin and look on this portrait of Louis and Marie Antoinette we are also reminded of the death of his father the King less than 4 years later. We are in remembrance of the king's execution just two days from now, January 21, in 1793.

      Axel