A life of Luxury

  • axel
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 10, 2011
      Hi it's Katie here,

      The first image I would like to comment on is in Album 4, 1785-88, image 18.

      I did not choose this painting for the obvious beauty of face or figure, but rather for what the image portrays.....To me the painting depicts a much pampered Queen living a life of luxury and ease.

      Note the rich velvet cushions for her to rest her arm and her feet. The color red in the furnishings trimmed with gold says royalty, and the contrast of the rich blue velvet in her dress and hat, must have been a sight to behold.

      An outstanding image...

      Katie

      ***
      Last month, I posted "Creamy Confection" in honor of Katie's return to our group.

      I want now share more of Katie's posts on images of Marie Antoinette. Since photos were moved around within the photo albums. I am also reposting the photos Katie commented on in a new photo album "Katie's Images of MA". Starting with "Life of Luxury", Marie Antoinette in 1788, image K2.

      The original post by Katie was at this link-
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Images_of_Marie_Antoinette/message/254

      Axel