Josephine Bonaparte

  • Leah Marie
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14, 2011
      Read my interview with acclaimed novelist Sandra Gulland at http://leahmariebrown.blogspot.com
    • janet fauble
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 17, 2011
        Hi Leah,

        I just read your interview with Sandra Gulland, and enjoyed your comments very much.  I also just learned about blogs at facebook thanks to this article that you posted.  I have known Sandra for many years since she is also a member of a group discussion in which I am a member.  LouisXIV discussion group.

        FYI, I have been having experiences in past lifetimes that have changed my life forever, but they are for real, have had a great impact on me, my beliefs, and my life now.  One has to be very careful when one has the unique ability to return to past and former lifetimes not to threaten other people with one's own discoveries.  I was interested in your question about who she thought she may have been in a previous lifetime had she lived then.

        I read all three Josephine books many years ago also, and I truly liked them a lot.  I did not ever think of historical fiction until I learned of all my past lifetimes, and I could see that my imagery would make a great story.  I am presently writing a novel on Alexander, as after I learned of Louis XIV, I then learned of Alexander.  Both shocked me no end to learn that I could get into their skins, and see life through their eyes.  They are exciting men to be honest and I have learned a lot about both of them.  Again, my quest is a spiritual one and as such, all that I experienced is of the spiritual remains that are either in a record place or my memory, and danged yet if I know which for sure.

        I have learned that life is repetition, repetition, repetition. I am the lucky one. I was able to open the doors to my past or I would not have known of it.  I had no idea that I had ever been any of these men of the past, but I have experienced my being inside their skins and seeing through their eyes, so I accept it. I study it all the time too to learn more and more, and writing about it has also helped me to understand things that occur today which have a basis in fact from something that happened in a time past.

        I suspect that people lose patience with me at times, but once the door is opened, one can never truly close it, or deny it.  I just have learned to accept it.

        I like Sandra Gulland a lot.  She has been very helpful in many of her suggestions, and while I did not always heed her advice, wish that I had more often, I still recall many things she said, like writing things down in notes to have ready at your finger tips.  I read books, thoughts stick in my mind, and I forget which author it was that said it, and that naturally is quite painful when one is writing that idea so that someone else can refer to it. I also found that some books would disappear from the Scottsdale library soon after I found them and if I did not copy them,I might not be able to find them again.

        But I did my best, bought many books, and have kept careful notes and drew some images to recall. I had always thought that I would forget them over the course of time.  They do recede but things can jog the memory so that the come back pretty quickly.

        Didn't mean to bore you. I have found the subject of reincarnation to be controversial, and people are often very jealous and protective over their so called heroes.  I would never have believed it, but people are very opinionated and hurt to think that some historical figure could actually be reborn into a real person today.  So I have learned to be very careful about what I say and when I say it.

        Thanks for posting the blog here so I could read it.  I learned something new about facebook.  Honestly, I enjoyed your interview with Sandra Gulland.

        Jan

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2011
          Dear  Leah,

          Thank you so much for your wonderful gift, Scottish Romance, with your short story After the Gloaming. It just arrived today and I was so shocked, surprised, and stunned to receive it.  I have just begun to read the short story and will make my comments after I finish it.  God bless, you dear Leah, for thinking of me and my questions here at this discussion group.  I appreciate your answers, your kindness, and your gift.    My very best to you this day,  Jan

          _of_Marie_Antoinette@yahoogroups.com
          Sent: Thu, April 14, 2011 8:36:37 AM

          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2011
            You are very welcome! Thank you for being a faithful follower of my blogs.