Salt Cellar by Marc-Etienne Janety (circa MA reign)

  • charlesdiago
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2009
      Hi,

      Just thought you'd like to know that someone is selling a salt cellar on ebay with date letter S for 1781-1782 made by Marc-Etienne Janety. He was Royal Goldsmith to Louis XVI.

      Although this piece does not have a royal provenance, I thought you might be interested to check out a piece of silver made in the middle of the reign of our favorite queen.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330326762018

      Charles