Marie Antoinette's Health in her last few years

  • ladyofhealingtouch
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
      In the books that I have read, thus far...Marie Antoinette seems to
      have developed some serious health issues in her final years. I know
      that early on, when she was pregnant, her mother feared that one of the
      physicians had done her damage, so as to keep her from concieving, at
      least I thought I remember reading this. But, in her final years, she
      was having problems with bleeding and bleeding a lot and because of
      this it appears that she was anemic, which would be entirely
      understandable under those conditions. All this bleeding that she
      suffered with made her time in those last few months really extremely
      miserable. She was given no privacy and had nothing but dirty rags to
      use for help with this condition. Does anyone know of any books
      specifically that "zero in" on her health condition. Does anyone really
      know what her health issues were? I would like to know more about this.
      She could have been suffering with endometriosis, and yet the amount of
      blood that they talk about seems excessive for that condition. The
      extreme stessful events that she had to go through for years could have
      possibly brought on a cancerous condition as well...since Drs. now know
      that stressful and traumatic events can cause the body's immune system
      to fail and bring on cancer. If anyone in our group has any knowledge
      of a good book that specifially discusses Marie Antoinette's health
      issues..please answer this message and let me know. I would love to
      read it if there is one.
      many thanks,
      Patricia
    • janet fauble

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
          Hi Jan!
          I too am so surprised that no one has written a book on her health
          and not just hers, but all the children's too. I am studying to
          become an RN and have always been interested in health and the human
          body. I would love to read an in depth book on the health of the
          entire royal family. The first dauphin had some health issues
          because of a lack of vitamin D....didn't he? It is so sad that they
          didn't know how important it was to take him out into the fresh air
          and sunshine. He needed lots of sunshine. All of the children were
          beautiful children, and it must have been so heartbreaking to lose
          those two.

          Marie Antoinette seemed to always have some health related issues
          with her reproductive system and had several miscarriages. Perhaps if
          there is someone on this list who is an author, they could take the
          initiative to do some research and write a book on this subject. I
          know we have some brilliant minds within this group and talented in
          writing. *grins* just a thought:))hint hint:)
          Have a wonderful week!
          Patricia--- In Images_of_Marie_Antoinette@yahoogroups.com, janet
          fauble <janetcfauble@...> wrote:

          > Hello Patricia,
          >
          > This is such a good question that I wonder at why there isn't a
          book on the subject. I, too, have read that she suffered hemorrhaging
          in her last days. There is little doubt that the many authors make
          the point that the guillotine was a welcome gift for her to finally
          end her misery. I have noticed that her bravery was more than just
          bravery, but a welcome "friend" to her.

          > Jan
          >
          > ladyofhealingtouch <MadameAntoine@...> wrote:
          > In the books that I have read, thus far...Marie
          Antoinette seems to
          > have developed some serious health issues in her final years. I
          know
          > that early on, when she was pregnant, her mother feared that one of
          the
          > physicians had done her damage, so as to keep her from concieving,
          at
          > least I thought I remember reading this. But, in her final years,
          she
          > was having problems with bleeding and bleeding a lot and because of
          > this it appears that she was anemic, which would be entirely
          > understandable under those conditions. All this bleeding that she
          > suffered with made her time in those last few months really
          extremely
          > miserable. She was given no privacy and had nothing but dirty rags
          > use for help with this condition. Does anyone know of any books
          > specifically that "zero in" on her health condition. Does anyone
          really
          > know what her health issues were? I would like to know more about
          this.
          > She could have been suffering with endometriosis, and yet the
          amount of
          > blood that they talk about seems excessive for that condition. The
          > extreme stessful events that she had to go through for years could
          have
          > possibly brought on a cancerous condition as well...since Drs. now
          know
          > that stressful and traumatic events can cause the body's immune
          system
          > to fail and bring on cancer. If anyone in our group has any
          knowledge
          > of a good book that specifially discusses Marie Antoinette's health
          > issues..please answer this message and let me know. I would love to
          > read it if there is one.
          > many thanks,
          > Patricia
          >

          > ---------------------------------

        • Astroboy xxx
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2007
            Antonia Frasier in her book about the Marie Antoinette poses the theory that the queen may have had uterine cancer.  Apparently all the queen's symptoms point to this possibility.

            In regards to her children- Tuberculosis was very common in the French royal family, and many a dauphin died prematurely because of it.  Unless there is more information to the contrary it would seem that the three youngest children of Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI died of the "Osteal" form of this condition.

            Ironically, legend had it that Louis XVI (or all kings of France for that matter) had the power to touch for "kings evil" (tuberculosis or scroffula) and cure it.  The fact that his own children died of it is seems yet another ominous slap in the face of that unfortunate king.

            fauble <janetcfauble@...> wrote:

            > Hello Patricia,
            >
            > This is such a good question that I wonder at why there isn't a
            book on the subject. I, too, have read that she suffered hemorrhaging
            in her last days. There is little doubt that the many authors make
            the point that the guillotine was a welcome gift for her to finally
            end her misery. I have noticed that her bravery was more than just
            bravery, but a welcome "friend" to her.

            > Jan
            >

            > ladyofhealingtouch <MadameAntoine@...> wrote:
            > In the books that I have read, thus far...Marie
            Antoinette seems to
            > have developed some serious health issues in her final years. I
            know
            > that early on, when she was pregnant, her mother feared that one of
            the
            > physicians had done her damage, so as to keep her from concieving,
            at
            > least I thought I remember reading this. But, in her final years,
            she
            > was having problems with bleeding and bleeding a lot and because of
            > this it appears that she was anemic, which would be entirely
            > understandable under those conditions. All this bleeding that she
            > suffered with made her time in those last few months really
            extremely
            > miserable. She was given no privacy and had nothing but dirty rags
            > use for help with this condition. Does anyone know of any books
            > specifically that "zero in" on her health condition. Does anyone
            really
            > know what her health issues were? I would like to know more about
            this.
            > She could have been suffering with endometriosis, and yet the
            amount of
            > blood that they talk about seems excessive for that condition. The
            > extreme stessful events that she had to go through for years could
            have
            > possibly brought on a cancerous condition as well...since Drs. now
            know
            > that stressful and traumatic events can cause the body's immune
            system
            > to fail and bring on cancer. If anyone in our group has any
            knowledge
            > of a good book that specifially discusses Marie Antoinette's health
            > issues..please answer this message and let me know. I would love to
            > read it if there is one.
            > many thanks,
            > Patricia
            >

            > ---------------------------------

          • ladyofhealingtouch
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2007
              Yes, you are right, I do remember reading about the uterine cancer as
              one of the theories of Marie Antoinette and her health troubles. She
              must have been very weak in those last months of her life.

              I believe that Louis-Joseph also suffered with rickets which is
              caused by a lack of vitamin D and causes softened bones. I remember
              reading that it made the poor little fellow's spine bowed and was
              very painful for him. Poor wee thing was so sweet and had to suffer
              so!
              Very interesting too, about the kings of France and their "healing
              hands!"
              blessings to all,
              Patricia--- In Images_of_Marie_Antoinette@yahoogroups.com, "Astroboy
              xxx" <astroboy.xxx1@...> wrote:

              > Antonia Frasier in her book about the Marie Antoinette poses the
              theory that
              > the queen may have had uterine cancer. Apparently all the queen's
              symptoms
              > point to this possibility.
              >

              > In regards to her children- Tuberculosis was very common in the
              French royal
              > family, and many a dauphin died prematurely because of it. Unless
              there is
              > more information to the contrary it would seem that the three
              youngest
              > children of Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI died of the "Osteal"
              form of this
              > condition.
              >

              > Ironically, legend had it that Louis XVI (or all kings of France
              for that
              > matter) had the power to touch for "kings evil" (tuberculosis or
              scroffula)
              > and cure it. The fact that his own children died of it is seems
              yet another
              > ominous slap in the face of that unfortunate king.
              >

              > On 9/4/07, ladyofhealingtouch <MadameAntoine@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Jan!
              > > I too am so surprised that no one has written a book on her health
              > > and not just hers, but all the children's too. I am studying to
              > > become an RN and have always been interested in health and the
              human
              > > body. I would love to read an in depth book on the health of the
              > > entire royal family. The first dauphin had some health issues
              > > because of a lack of vitamin D....didn't he? It is so sad that
              they
              > > didn't know how important it was to take him out into the fresh
              air
              > > and sunshine. He needed lots of sunshine. All of the children were
              > > beautiful children, and it must have been so heartbreaking to lose
              > > those two.
              > >
              > > Marie Antoinette seemed to always have some health related issues
              > > with her reproductive system and had several miscarriages.
              Perhaps if
              > > there is someone on this list who is an author, they could take
              the
              > > initiative to do some research and write a book on this subject. I
              > > know we have some brilliant minds within this group and talented
              in
              > > writing. *grins* just a thought:))hint hint:)
              > > Have a wonderful week!
              > > Patricia--- In
              Images_of_Marie_Antoinette@yahoogroups.com<Images_of_Marie_Antoinette%
              40yahoogroups.com>,
> [...]
              > > > extreme stessful events that she had to go through for years
              could
              > > have
              > > > possibly brought on a cancerous condition as well...since Drs.
              now
              > > know
              > > > that stressful and traumatic events can cause the body's immune
              > > system
              > > > to fail and bring on cancer. If anyone in our group has any
              > > knowledge
              > > > of a good book that specifially discusses Marie Antoinette's
              health
              > > > issues..please answer this message and let me know. I would
              love to
              > > > read it if there is one.
              > > > many thanks,
              > > > Patricia

              > > > Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Yahoo!
              Travel.