Re: Let them Eat: Antoinette's passion film, on non-royal budget!

  • Leslie Cottle
    Message 1 of 29 , Oct 1, 2006
      Oh thanks Jan, so glad to make you laugh!!! That is one of my favourite things to do, make people laugh!!
      And boy oh boy was that a tight budget!! Never again on chicken feed though, I owe it to my art to get some cash next time so I can really spread my wings as a filmmaker!!

      Keep smiling!!!

      Leslie

      Janet Fauble <jan_neptune@...> wrote:
      HI again, I just got a kick out of you and responded
      to Therese's post and now find this one here. You did
      darn good on that kind of budget. YOu are a whiz! If
      I had a smiley button, you would see...LOL! You are
      making me laugh so good to hear from you. HUgs, Jan

      Re: Let them Eat: Promote Leslie's MA movie when you can!

      http://mail. yahoo.com

    • M A R T Y N
      Message 2 of 29 , Oct 4, 2006
        OK, here is the lineage relating The Princess De Lamballe to Catherine De Medici and her husband Henri II

        Catherine And Henri II
             -Elizabeth of Valois (married to Phillip II of Spain)
                  -Caterina Micaela of Spain (married Charles Emmanuel I, Duke of Savoy  and had 10 children)
                      - Victor Amadeus I, Duke of Savoy (married Christine Marie of France and had 7 children)
                           -Thomas Francis, Prince of Carignano (married Marie of Bourbon- Soissons they also had 7 children)
                                -Emmanuel Philibert Amadeus (married Catherina of Este and had 4 children).
                                    -Victor Amadeus (had 3 children)
                                          -Louis Victor (had 9 children)
                                              -Marie Therese de Savoie Carignan, Princesse de Lamballe 1749-1792 daughter of above (and great, great, great, great, great, great grandaughter of Catherine De Medici).

        In creating this geneology I discovered that the wives of the brothers of Louis XVI are also direct descendants of Catherine De Medici through Victor Amadeus I, Duke of Savoy (he had 7 children).  So Bourbon and Valois blood co-exist in the descendants of Charles X (Count of Artois) through his daughter...

        On 9/29/06, André de Bourbon-Condé Penthièvre <ducpenthievre@...> wrote:

        Martyn,

        Hi!

        Thanks for your information, but I think Jimmy is trying to figure out how Princesse Lamballe is directly related to Catherine de Medici. Could you be so kind and send us some genealogy, please? Curiosity is killing me now!! Laughs!!

        Thanks,

        André

        Message 3 of 29 , Oct 4, 2006
          Very interesting! Thank you, martyn.

          --- In Images_of_Marie_Antoinette@yahoogroups.com, "M A R T Y N"

          Soissons<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soissons>
          > they
          > also had 7 children)
          > -Emmanuel Philibert Amadeus (married
          Catherina of
          > Este <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Este> and had 4 children).
          > -Victor Amadeus (had 3 children)
          > -Louis Victor (had 9 children)
          > *-*Marie Therese de Savoie
          Carignan,
          1792<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1792>daughter
          > of above (and great, great, great, great, great, great grandaughter
          > of Catherine De Medici).
          >
          > In creating this geneology I discovered that the wives of the
          brothers of
          > Louis XVI are also direct descendants of Catherine De Medici
          through Victor
          > Amadeus I, Duke of Savoy (he had 7 children). So Bourbon and
          Valois
          > blood co-exist in the descendants of Charles X (Count of Artois)
          through his
          > daughter...
          >

          > On 9/29/06, André de Bourbon-Condé Penthièvre <ducpenthievre@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > Martyn,
          > >

          > > Hi!
          > >

          > > Thanks for your information, but I think Jimmy is trying to
          figure out how
          > > Princesse Lamballe is directly related to Catherine de Medici.
          Could you be
          > > so kind and send us some genealogy, please? Curiosity is killing
          me now!!
          > > Laughs!!
          > >

          > > Thanks,
          > >

          > > André

          Images_of_Marie_Antoinette@yahoogroups.com<Images_of_Marie_Antoinette
          %40yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 29 , Oct 4, 2006

            Martyn,

            Thanks very much for that!!

            André

            --- therese862 <emvidal@...> wrote:

            > Yes. As someone said, Louis XVI and
            > Marie-Antoinette were both
            > descended from the tragic Mary Stuart.
            >
            > --- In Images_of_Marie_Antoinette@yahoogroups.com,
            > "M A R T Y N"
            > <astroboy.xxx@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > She was related by birth/blood, not marriage.
            > >
            > > Louis was related to Charles I through his great,
            > great, great
            > grandmother-
            > > Henrietta Anne, the wife of Louis Phillippe or
            > Orleans (brother of
            > Louis
            > > XIV). Henrietta Anne was the daughter of Charles
            > and Henrietta
            > Maria
            > > (Daughter of Henry IV and Marie De Medici).
            > >

            > > On 9/28/06, jimmy <keltwhip@...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > re: Princesse was a direct descendant of
            > Catherine De
            > > > Medici and Henri II.
            > > >
            > > > Was the Princesse (a Savoyard) a direct
            > descendent, or
            > > > her husband and father-in-law (the Duc de
            > Penthievre)?
            > > >
            > > > re: Louis was also a direct descendant of
            > Charles I of
            > > > England
            > > >
            > > > Louis was always conscious of what happened to
            > his
            > > > ancestor and feared it would befall him.
            > > >
            > > > Jimmy O.
            > > >
            > > > --- Leslie Cottle <gstonehall@...
            > <gstonehall% 40yahoo.com>>

            > not
            > married

            > <astroboy.xxx% 40gmail.com>>
            > of
            > Henri
            > Phillip II
            > once
            > the

            > also a

            > email

          • jimmy
            Message 5 of 29 , Oct 4, 2006
              Martyn and Andre,

              Thank you so much for that geneology, very
              informative. And the disputation as to her death
              circumstances (possible gang rape, beheading and
              exposition on a pike) was fascinating since that is
              how I had always heard the tale.

              Thanx,

              Jimmy O.

              <ducpenthievre@...> wrote:

              > Martyn,
              >

              > Thanks very much for that!!
              >

              > André

              <mailto:Images_of_Marie_Antoinette%40yahoogroups.com>
              > ,
              > > "M A R T Y N"
              > > <astroboy.xxx@...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > She was related by birth/blood, not marriage.
              > > >
              > > > Louis was related to Charles I through his
              > great,
              > > great, great
              > > grandmother-
              > > > Henrietta Anne, the wife of Louis Phillippe or
              > > Orleans (brother of
              > > Louis
              > > > XIV). Henrietta Anne was the daughter of Charles
              > > and Henrietta
              > > Maria
              > > > (Daughter of Henry IV and Marie De Medici).

              > > Catherine De

              > > descendent, or
              > > Penthievre)?

              > > Charles I of