actresses to play the queen

  • piratbearjerry
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
      this is a tough question, but after careful thought, I think that if
      anyone is going to play the queen, they need to have credentials.
      therefore, I think that Jane Seymour would make a good Queen. Plus
      she has the experience from playing the queen from the movie The
      Revolution Francaise. Good movie only it is in French with no
      subtitles. Also, I think that Linda Carter may be another good
      candidate. I know she did Wonder woman which isn't maybe the best
      for someone's credentials, but I think she could pull it off. In
      addition, Priscilla Barnes (she played Terri on Three's Company) I
      believe could pull the role off. I think she is great would be great
      for a new movie about the Queen. Barnes also has played in some good
      made for tv movies like Scruples. For some of the actresses posted
      such as playmates, or shopping channel hosts I don't think I would
      enjoy watching. Such a role requires experience.
      Even though, i have never seen the movie before, Marie
      Antoinette Reine De France made in 1956, i think that Michelle Morgan
      may have done a great job. She has a certain look about her that I
      like. Well these are just my opinions. You may agree with them or
      you may not, that is fine. They are just opinions and nothing more.
    • fluerdelacour_hermionegranger
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2002
        Hello
        me i say the best Marie antoinette would be actress Heather Graham.
        and Alicia Silverstone as an adult Marie Therese Chrlotte
        Rudy
        --- In Images_of_Marie_Antoinette@y..., "piratbearjerry"
        <sansleeder@y...> wrote:
        > this is a tough question, but after careful thought, I think that
        if
        > anyone is going to play the queen, they need to have credentials.
        > therefore, I think that Jane Seymour would make a good Queen. Plus
        > she has the experience from playing the queen from the movie The
        > Revolution Francaise. Good movie only it is in French with no
        > subtitles. Also, I think that Linda Carter may be another good
        > candidate. I know she did Wonder woman which isn't maybe the best
        > for someone's credentials, but I think she could pull it off. In
        > addition, Priscilla Barnes (she played Terri on Three's Company) I
        > believe could pull the role off. I think she is great would be
        great
        > for a new movie about the Queen. Barnes also has played in some
        good
        > made for tv movies like Scruples. For some of the actresses posted
        > such as playmates, or shopping channel hosts I don't think I would
        > enjoy watching. Such a role requires experience.
        > Even though, i have never seen the movie before, Marie
        > Antoinette Reine De France made in 1956, i think that Michelle
        Morgan
        > may have done a great job. She has a certain look about her that I
        > like. Well these are just my opinions. You may agree with them or
        > you may not, that is fine. They are just opinions and nothing more.
      • Janet Fauble
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
          <fluerdelacour_hermionegranger@...> wrote:
          > Hello
          > me i say the best Marie antoinette would be actress
          > Heather Graham.
          > and Alicia Silverstone as an adult Marie Therese
          > Chrlotte
          > Rudy
          > --- In Images_of_Marie_Antoinette@y...,
          > "piratbearjerry"
          > <sansleeder@y...> wrote:
          > > this is a tough question, but after careful
          > thought, I think that
          > if
          > > anyone is going to play the queen, they need to
          > have credentials.
          > > therefore, I think that Jane Seymour would make a
          > good Queen. Plus
          > > she has the experience from playing the queen from
          > the movie The
          > > Revolution Francaise. Good movie only it is in
          > French with no
          > > subtitles. Also, I think that Linda Carter may be
          > another good
          > > candidate. I know she did Wonder woman which
          > isn't maybe the best
          > > for someone's credentials, but I think she could
          > pull it off. In
          > > addition, Priscilla Barnes (she played Terri on
          > Three's Company) I
          > > believe could pull the role off. I think she is
          > great would be
          > great
          > > for a new movie about the Queen. Barnes also has
          > played in some
          > good
          > > made for tv movies like Scruples. For some of the
          > actresses posted
          > > such as playmates, or shopping channel hosts I
          > don't think I would
          > > enjoy watching. Such a role requires experience.
          >
          > > Even though, i have never seen the movie
          > before, Marie
          > > Antoinette Reine De France made in 1956, i think
          > that Michelle
          > Morgan
          > > may have done a great job. She has a certain look
          > about her that I
          > > like. Well these are just my opinions. You may
          > agree with them or
          > > you may not, that is fine. They are just opinions
          > and nothing more.
          >
          > While looks are important, I would like an actress
          who has depth and character to really make Marie
          appear believable. Marie becomes a stereotype too
          often, and a great actress could make her appear as
          kind and loving as she often was. While she was
          almost as giddy as Marie-Adelaide with whom she is
          often compared, rightfully so, she does mature the
          same as Marie-Adelaide did. I would want an actress
          her recognized her depths rather than her
          artificialities.

          Jan

          http://auctions.yahoo.com
        • fionafraser2001
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 13, 2002
            Hi my name is Brandy and I am new to this list.

            I thought about who I would like to see play Marie Antoinette is
            Bette Midler.

            Bette Midler is a world class actress well as comedienne(remember
            Beaches?). Not only that but I can see her pulling off the alofness
            of Marie. Can you see her crassness giving a whole new spin on the
            doomed queen?

            Marie needs a classy actress but I think she could have had a little
            crassness to her too...

            Brandy
          • Janet Fauble
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 13, 2002
              --- fionafraser2001 <fionafraser@...> wrote:
              > Hi my name is Brandy and I am new to this list.
              >
              > I thought about who I would like to see play Marie
              > Antoinette is
              > Bette Midler.
              >
              > Bette Midler is a world class actress well as
              > comedienne(remember
              > Beaches?). Not only that but I can see her pulling
              > off the alofness
              > of Marie. Can you see her crassness giving a whole
              > new spin on the
              > doomed queen?
              >
              > Marie needs a classy actress but I think she could
              > have had a little
              > crassness to her too...
              >
              > Brandy
              >

              > (LOLO)Brandy, that is so hysterical. She did make
              her fame in men's clubs, but somehow she just doesn't
              seem to be the Queen. Wheeeew!
              Jan

              http://greetings.yahoo.com