A vision in Red

  • ktkins1
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2002
      This beautiful portrait comes from album 4 image 27. What a rich
      image of the Queen of France. This painting is very interesting to
      me. Compared to some other images of MA this portrait is somewhat
      toned down....her hat and plumes don't seem to overtake the Queens's
      delicate features...just the contrary. I feel that the smaller size
      of the headress brings out her loveliest features, her doe eyes, rosy
      complexion and soft unpowdered hair. Of course the hat wouldn't be
      complete without plumes, but these two only accent her loveliness
      and don't overpower her.
      The dress is just as elegant. The command of the color red in what
      seems to be velvet and trimmed in fur! The fur being a statement of
      privilege and wealth which of course the Queen of France must
      portray. Once again her regal neck and curvaceous breasts display
      the finest of jewels fit for a Queen.
      Every time I study one of MA's images, I am always taken in by the
      elegance of this extraordinary woman. She always portrays to me the
      very image of royalty from the finery of her clothes and jewels to
      the way she holds her head high commanding the respect she so
      deserves.
      Definately a "Vision in Red".

      Katie
    • axel
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 25, 2011
[...]

        ***

        Last month, I posted "Creamy Confection" in honor of Katie's return to our group.

        I want now share more of Katie's posts on images of Marie Antoinette. Since photos were moved around within the photo albums. I am also reposting the photos Katie commented on in a new photo album "Katie's Images of MA", continuing with the image for this post, "Vision in Red", portrait of Marie Antoinette in the 1780s, image K6.

        The original post by Katie was at this link-
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Images_of_Marie_Antoinette/message/289
        Axel