Re: [Images_of_Marie_Antoinette] canonization

  • james orrell
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2004
      Doritmi:

      Canonization is a very involved, intricate and
      protracted exercise that gets pushed along only when
      there is the financial and political backing of an
      organization, i.e.; a religious order.

      It also requires 2 miracles scientifically documented,
      and I'm not aware of any being performed in LA (Louis
      Auguste's) or MA's intercession. Though I'm sure there
      are royalist circles (who gather each year, I
      understand, at the Chapelle Expiatoire I mentioned in
      previous emails) who would welcome and/or push for
      such canonization.

      I think the Popes are no friend of the very
      independent Gaulist church, either. So I doubt they
      would assist along the process, even though the Church
      is in desperate need of lay (non-religious order)
      saints at this point.

      But an interesting concept, particularly since there
      was talk of canonizing Princess Grace of Monaco after
      she passed.

      jimmy