IkenoboColorado member has new ikebana blog

  • lynnsandra16
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2012
      I hope you will visit my new blog at www.ikebanaopensdoortojapan.blogspot.com. I'm a newcomer to ikebana and to the Ikenobo Colorado Chapter. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and decided that I wanted to study ikenobo, but when I checked with the headquarters in San Francisco, I learned that no qualified teachers were
      available in New Mexico. So I contacted Dan dell'Agnese and asked if he could recommend a teacher who might be willing to work with me long-distance via email, phone, and photography. He offered to do that himself, so I've now been his student since last March, although we've never met. My blog is about my learning process, about the history of ikebana and ikenobo, and also about my experience of becoming very interested in Japanese history and culture through ikebana. It includes both photographs and text. I'm a writer by trade, so I try to make it interesting. Please check it out sometime.

      Sandra Lynn