Re: No bobs?

  • Karen Goodale
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 1999
      Hi Tracy - I also have a 2 yr old female ig named Maxxy, and she has never
      bobbed either. She is tame and sweet, so I just concider it a good thing
      :-)
      Karen and bobless Maxxy

      There has been alot of talk lately about head bobs. My 2 yr old female ig,
      Dino, has never bobbed. Is she the only one? I keep waiting and watching,
      but no bobs yet. - Tracey and bobless Dino

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 1999
        >From: "Tracey Kaylor" <tkaylor@...>

        >There has been alot of talk lately about head bobs. My 2 yr old female
        >ig, Dino, has never bobbed. Is she the only one?

        My six year old bobbed at me for the first time just last fall, right
        in the middle of breeding season. :)

        Some igs just aren't very talkative with their heads. ;) Especially
        if they don't have anything to bob at. It was actually the stuffed
        lizard I was carrying that she bobbed at.

        -Katie
      • stephanie de la garza
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 1999
          THis was kinda funny, but yesterday my s/o and i were hanging up those
          bamboo (now plastic) shades in my backyard to keep the sun from hitting
          the house. Well, that's Wana's territory and she was watching us thru
          her window in her room. When she saw my s/o (whom she doesn't see often)
          she was WILDLY head bobbing him--think she turned all grey too--her mouth
          was gaping open and she was going nuts!!! Got all puffed up and tried
          standing up real tall. She was doing some circular bobs and shudder
          bobs. I kept laughing at her which probably didn't help matters, but I
          hardly ever see her bob. Normally she won't bob unless someone is in her
          territory and for some reason, she doesn't seem to bob at people inside
          the house, just outside.

          Steph
          Wana (i'm gonna open up a can of whoopass on you, mom if you keep
          laughing at me!!!)

          > There has been alot of talk lately about head bobs. My 2 yr old
          > female ig,
          > Dino, has never bobbed. Is she the only one? I keep waiting and
          > watching,
          > but no bobs yet. - Tracey and bobless Dino

        • m.b.komor
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1, 1999
            *Giggle* When they meet their first *male* ig, they'll have *plenty*
            to say --don't worry about it! :)

            *Grin*,

            -Meriday Beth

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 1, 1999
              Zaphod also is a little "watch ig" --now that he's over 6# it's not
              quite as amusing as when he was only a few 100gm-- however his manner
              is somewhat different from Wana's: he tends to go into a "ready"
              posture (body tensed and low, head canted downward, steely-eyed look--
              all he needs is a set of pistols, some chaps, and a dusty street at
              high noon!) and *THREATEN* --he's highly effective: kept a delivery
              person off my porch a week ago *giggle!*

              I guess I should've told him I was *expecting* a delivery, and to let
              the guy pass! (: (This was a new person, not the regular delivery
              guy, so I suppose he didn't let him up because he didn't know him,
              which is actually a *good* thing!)

              Best,

              -Meriday Beth

              > From: stephanie de la garza <sb69mous@...>
              >

              > THis was kinda funny, but yesterday my s/o and i were hanging up those
              > bamboo (now plastic) shades in my backyard to keep the sun from hitting
              > the house. Well, that's Wana's territory and she was watching us thru
              > her window in her room. When she saw my s/o (whom she doesn't see often)
              > she was WILDLY head bobbing him--think she turned all grey too--her mouth
              > was gaping open and she was going nuts!!! Got all puffed up and tried
              > standing up real tall. She was doing some circular bobs and shudder
              > bobs. I kept laughing at her which probably didn't help matters, but I
              > hardly ever see her bob. Normally she won't bob unless someone is in her
              > territory and for some reason, she doesn't seem to bob at people inside
              > the house, just outside.
              >
              > Steph
              > Wana (i'm gonna open up a can of whoopass on you, mom if you keep
              > laughing at me!!!)
              >

              > > There has been alot of talk lately about head bobs. My 2 yr old
              > > female ig,
              > > Dino, has never bobbed. Is she the only one? I keep waiting and
              > > watching,
              > > but no bobs yet. - Tracey and bobless Dino
            • Alta Brewer
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 1, 1999
                From: WhoTom@...

                >Head bobs! These are normal? I assumed that mine had incurred some
                >permanent damage from something stupid I did to hurt it! She's not having a
                >seizure? Wonderful! She bobs her head all the time!

                LOL! Head bobs are absolutely normal. There are, in fact, a number of
                different bobs which communicate different things. Pay attention and
                eventually you'll be able to differentiate what your ig is telling you. :)

                Alta
                http://www.netlizards.net/
              • Bearmax5@xxx.xxx
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 1, 1999
                  In a message dated 7/31/99 10:27:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
                  tkaylor@... writes:

                  << My 2 yr old female ig,
                  Dino, has never bobbed. Is she the only one? >>

                  No, she's not the only one :) Zoe never bobbed until I held her up close to
                  the bathroom mirror about 3 months ago (she was two in May). Then she did her
                  first head bob, it was SOOOO cute. And of course now when she sees Raven she
                  bobs away. I think the stimulus is another ig in her territory, cause she
                  never bobs at me, just shakes her head if she doesn't like what I am doing :)
                  Some females don't bob as much as males and males tend to bob not just at
                  other igs, but at their owners too.

                  Stacie
                • Smith, Kris M.
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 2, 1999
                    Tracey,
                    My iguana Elvis has never bobbed either (at least not that I've seen). She
                    shakes her head when she doesn't want me to pat her but she doesn't bob. I
                    think she's the quiet type...

                    Kris & Elvis (still waters run deep man)