Humidity in the winter

  • TravisW
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 25, 2012
      Good evening all, I was just wondering what everyone was doing to boost humidity in these winter months ( I live in buffalo NY) I have had the repti fogger from zoo med....actually five of them. Every single one of them breaks after a few week and I refuse to buy any more. What else can I do to help my kuhmo out? Would a standard child's humidifier work? His enclosure is roughly 5 x4x4... And currently an average humidity level is like 20% I feel as if this is dangerous to his little lungs... I would love to here your thoughts, thanks,

      Travis
    • barbara khan
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 7, 2012
        if its an open cage, i use water sprayers. they are inexpensive and need no batteries and are easily replaceable. also their water bowls can help with humidity. if a reptile is in a tank or aquarium, spray bottles work as well.

        barb

      • barbara khan
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 7, 2012
          also i have adopted my friends way of showering my igs every morning. it gives them the humidity and keeps the cages clean ( well 99 percent of the time  ) even after theyre done, and i use the shower hose for a good butt rinse, they often like to just lay there in the spray...

        • Robert Allen
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 7, 2012
            You can humidify the entire room, with a warm mist humidifier.

            Robert