Re: [IguanaMail] quoting Dr. Mader again

  • bernadette simpson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2011
      |Quite interesting on the top of humidity and getting your iguana hydrated at the same time.
      I always have a bowl of water each day fresh and misting him throughout the day.  How much is to much and how much is too less.   So far Murdock has maintained himself with what I do, considering I obtained him at age 2 1/2.  He turns three this august.

      I have tried to ensure he is well hydrated by throwing in a few greens into his bowl of water.
      Thinking that he knows there is food in the bowl of water and if he gets hungry, he eats and drinks.  Let's me know if he is drinking at all. Watching him sometimes noticed he will drink the darn bath water.

      That is how Murdock has maintained himself.  Like I said quite a fascinating subject to talk about.

    • Sandy Tonne
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2011
        I live in Arizona and have always been concerned with my Ig's hydration. He
        gets baths and his Mr. Misty spray...aka baby talk for spritzing him with a
        mister bottle! I do not give him a bowl of water as it always ends in a
        complete mess. His greens are always fresh and I ensure they are rather wet
        in his bowl for extra hydration and he gets plenty of fruit. My vet checks
        him annually and does a complete blood panel and always tells me he is the
        best looking and most healthy spoiled iguana he knows. My iguana is now
        approximately nine years old.

        Sandy

        Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless