Cedrick has his new home built

  • Gina
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2011
      I dont think he likes it. He keeps trying to climb to the top to try and get out. I thought he did that in the smaller cage because he was in too small of an enclosure. Now Im confused. I put alot of effort into this cage and I thought he would like it. I will post pics of it.
      Gina
    • NANNETTE M GU.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2011
        Iguanas don't like change, so don't be hurt by the reaction. If the first habitat easily fits into the 2nd you might put it in there so he can go in and out of his old one. They become very attached to 'their' territory, and now you have taken it from him and he doesn't know that this is supposed to be his. It will take time for him to own it, but all your hard work does matter.

        Nannette Gunn
      • Jeff Harrison
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2011
          Gina:

          Igs are creatures of habit, and they stress anytime their environment is
          changed. It's a situation that requires iggy adjustment time, perhaps in
          weeks or months, for the ig to adjust and decide that his new home is "OK".
          It is not the same as one of us walking into a new house that we've just
          acquired and instantly liking it.
          Be patient, and keep an eye open for features that you can improve upon if
          appropriate or helpful.
          Cedrick may give you some hints about "improvements" if you spend time just
          watching him.

          Jeff H