Magda

  • kelly
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
      Is it normal for Iguanas to look overly fat. She really does not over eat and appears to act normal, I have had her for about a month and she looks fat and uncomfortable. Any suggestions?
    • kelly
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
        Thank you for all the replies, I ment to say "bloated"

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2010
          Thank you everyone that replied I did mean "bloated" and also if it iseggs do they not eat as much?
          --- In IguanaMail@yahoogroups.com, "kelly" <kelly12170@...> wrote:

          > Is it normal for Iguanas to look overly fat. She really does not over eat and appears to act normal, I have had her for about a month and she looks fat and uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

        • Joe Allen
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 3, 2010
            It sounds like your iguana may be gravid, "full of eggs". During that time they do normally quit eating. You may need to provide a nesting box for her to lay her eggs in. Sometimes they have trouble laying the eggs and become egg-bound which can kill them. If she gets so bloated that she seems uncomfortable you should take her to a veterinarian immediately.