Introducing myself

  • Laura Alvarez
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2009
      Hi Everyone,
      I'm a new member. Just joined today. I do not currently own an iguana but
      I'm thinking of getting a rescue sometime in the future. I used to own a
      baby green iguana many, many years ago but unfortunately when I became
      pregnant my doctor told me I "must get rid of that iguana because you can
      get Salmonella". So I gave my baby back to the pet store where I bought it.
      Back then there wasn't a lot of info that was easily found and I really
      didn't know any better so I listened to the doctor and that was that.

      Anyway I currently own other reptiles: two ball pythons, a bearded dragon
      and two crested geckos and I adore them all. I am very comfortable with
      reptiles and I feel I know a heck of a lot more than I did 14 years ago.
      I've been wanting an iguana for a while and last weekend I went to a reptile
      show where they had a few rescue iguanas for adoption. I fell in love with
      an adult female who had burn scars on her back. I wanted to adopt her so
      badly but I didn't think it was the right time as I don't have a cage or
      anything ready and I don't like to buy any animals impulsively. So I left
      without her but I've been thinking about her ever since and researching all
      I can about the care of these beautiful reptiles.

      So here I am to learn some more before investing in another reptile and to
      meet other Iguana owners who will either talk me into or out of adopting
      one.

      BTW a little about me. I live in NJ, I am married and have 3 boys ages 12,
      10 and 8.

      Laura