Re: [IguanaMail] Re: >:[ Pet Regulations

  • Falameezer
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
      Probably the best for shelters and rescues is to volunteer. Quite often
      there isn't anyone on hand that knows squat about herps. Also if you are no
      longer using (nor planning to use) some supplies donate. I keep an eye out
      on freecycle for stuff like that and try to get it for shelters. It's a tax
      write off to boot. I have been wanting to volunteer but what keeps me away
      are 1. alergic to the furries, and 2. I'd probably increase my herps beyond
      my capabilities so they don't get put down. Unfortunately shelters can't
      even handle the furries that get abandoned, herps are sidelined. Maybe, just
      maybe if we (herp lovers) can work out a system for adoption and not
      purchase we can help on two fronts. By adopting people are not buying from
      the pet stores so maybe they will stop carrying all together. Dropped
      animals will have a second chance. And lastly hopefully people looking to
      adopt can get the right care info and be able to make an INFORMED decision
      before it's too late.

      Just my hope

      --
      Falameezer

      About me and pics

      http://www.myspace.com/falameezer

      Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,
      and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of
      courage - to move in the opposite direction.
      --E.F. Schumacker