vet visit

  • Cassie B
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2008
      when should i bring my iggy to the vets for the first time, i have had
      him a while and wanted to know is there really anytime that i should
      start bringing him to get checked up on?
    • Robert Allen
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2008
        I brought my guy in when I first adopted him. Then, once a year, or if he
        got sick or injured. For vet exams make sure your vet does a fecal exam,
        and make sure you bring a fresh poop in for the exam, in a sealed ziplock
        bag.

        Don't forget that part of what a vet exam is about is to make sure you trust
        your vet and you can tell that he's experienced with lizards.

        ====

        Robert Allen
        mailto: ottomatik@...

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 13, 2008
          so Apatche went to the vets for the first time today and he did wonderful!
          his swollen toe was either fractured or broken but Sonny (our Vet) said that he was so healthy
          He said it would either heal on its own or simply fall off with out the need of surgery.
          he isnt in pain and its gotten to the point where he ingores it all together.
          his color is great and that the only thing i should do it try him on collard greens and Kale
          instead of just Mustard.
          i tried him with it before and he didnt seem to like it but i will try again.
        • Melissa Kaplan
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 14, 2008
            >>his swollen toe was either fractured or broken but Sonny (our Vet) said
            that he was so healthy He said it would either heal on its own or simply
            fall off with out the need of surgery.

            If he gets the toe trapped in things, you may want to talk to the vet about
            amputating it, so Apatche doesn't do damage to the healthy tissue adjacent
            to it.

            --
            Melissa Kaplan
            www.anapsid.org

            Remember that who you're being is just as important as what you're doing. -
            Barbara Hateley