T-Rex Active UV Heat Bulbs

  • Abby Gengozian
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2007
      Hello all,

      It's about time to get my girls some new UV bulbs. Foster Smith has an
      active UV bulb with Heat AND UVA/UVB. They sound very interesting. Has
      anyone has any experiences with these bulbs? They're about $45 each so
      I'd like to know if I'd be wasting my money before I bought one. :) I
      use the Iguana Light right now and think I may need to stay with that.
      Let me know what you guys think.

      Abby
      Stoney and Darwin
    • Sandy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2007
        I use these and now love them. The secret to their longevity is to plug them into a surge supressed power strip. They are sensitive to little power blips that the rest of your lights and electronics aren't.

        Sandy & Igiford

      • cassie drotts
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2007
          1.
          T-Rex Active UV Heat Bulbs

          ABBY,
          This is some interesting lighting info :http://www.uvguide.co.uk/links.htm
          :http://www.reptileuv.com/

          I use reptileuv.com, Mercury vapor bulbs, and I am very pleased with them. They guarantee the bulbs,will check the output for you ,even replace the bulbs if the output isn't par when sent in within warranty.
          I hope this was helpful,
          Big Nosed Kates Mom