Nose injury

  • idyikiter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
      So yesterday Spike decided to take a nose dive into the cabinet...and
      hit the handle taking a good sized chunk out of the tip of his nose.
      Is there anything I can do to help speed healing ? Would antibiotic
      ointment hurt ?
    • vancocon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
        --- In IguanaMail@yahoogroups.com, "idyikiter" <idyikiter@...> wrote:

        > So yesterday Spike decided to take a nose dive into the cabinet...and
        > hit the handle taking a good sized chunk out of the tip of his nose.
        > Is there anything I can do to help speed healing ? Would antibiotic
        > ointment hurt ?

        Antibiotic ointment is helpful. Be sure to get the ointment (oil
        based) rather than the cream (water based). IMO the ointment stays in
        place longer and there are no downsides. Watch it closely and if it
        begins to look infected, see a good reptile vet.

        ]Roger