OT:News from the IRCF (2006/07/31)

  • Desiree
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      We are very pleased to announce the release of the fully revamped
      IRCF website (www.IRCF.org). The site is filled with gorgeous images
      and content about the endangered reptiles and their habitats that the
      IRCF seeks to protect. You can join or renew your membership online
      and find information regarding a wide variety of donation programs.
      Please note that some parts of the site are still under construction,
      such as our new merchandise store and portions of the Program
      section; we appreciate your patience while these areas are being
      completed.

      Some additional recent highlights:

      IRCF has now partnered with Project Heloderma, to help preserve the
      Guatemalan Beaded Lizard, a species with fewer than 200 individuals
      remaining in the wild. The IRCF will be present at the National
      Reptile Breeders' Expo this August in Daytona Beach, FL sponsoring
      the auction benefiting the Guatemalan Beaded Lizard. Your assistance
      with donations and on-site tasks is greatly appreciated.
      (www.IRCF.org/projectheloderma)

      We also have started coordinating volunteers for Team Blue 2006 to
      assist with the Blue Iguana Recovery Program. During the months from
      August through December, Team Blue will be involved with activities
      such as trail development, production of retreats for the Salina,
      release of head-started iguanas, among other tasks. Team Blue is in
      immediate need of one to two volunteers in the 8/28-9/12 timeframe.
      (www.IRCF.org/volunteer.html)

      The IGUANA journal has arrived in the mail! We appreciate the
      patience of our members but the wait is well worth it! With a
      stunning cover featuring a Malaysian Flying Lizard and 90+ pages of
      articles, photos and information, we strive to invigorate and educate
      our members.

      The IRCF has also published the Spring edition of Blue Iguana Tales
      (http://www.blueiguana.ky). Learn about recent Program highlights and
      further details from the June 2006 dog attacks.

      Please tell your friends about the IRCF and encourage them to become
      members! The efforts of even a single person can have a positive,
      lasting impact on the preservation of endangered species.

      des.

      des@...
      http://desircf.blogspot.com
      http://www.IRCF.org
      Become part of the solution! Join the IRCF!