information

  • Lois M. Cooper
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2004
      Does anyone remember the IG rescue lady that was so badly injured in
      that night club fire in Rhode Island last year? I haven't seen anything
      on the lists about her, and I've been wondering how she's doing.
      Lois

    • jenn harrell
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2004
        >Does anyone remember the IG rescue lady that was so badly injured in
        >that night club fire in Rhode Island last year? I haven't seen
        >anything on the lists about her, and I've been wondering how she's
        >doing.
        > Lois

        Gina Gauvin? Her her updates are at http://ornatesky.org - however,
        her family has not provided an update for some time. Last I heard,
        she was home and continuing with her rehab.

        There's some info here too:
        http://www.projo.com/extra/2003/stationfire/gauvin/
      • Katie Kearns
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2004
          At 08:21 AM 1/1/2004 -0800, you wrote:

          >Does anyone remember the IG rescue lady that was so badly injured in
          >that night club fire in Rhode Island last year? I haven't seen anything
          >on the lists about her, and I've been wondering how she's doing.
          >Lois

          Gina :) Her email addy was "Ornatesky", and she has a webpage:
          http://www.ornatesky.org/

          Updates are available here: http://www.ornatesky.org/updates.htm
          (The most recent update is at the top, and the rest of the updates are in
          chronological order below, if you want to read about the progress of her
          recovery.)

          She's back home and has had several newspaper articles written about her
          amazing recovery and her incredible spirit, also available on that page.

          -Katie
        • kate senisi
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 3, 2004
            i've noticed recently my otherwise healthy 5 year old iggy has a slightly misaligned jaw (on the bottom part) and was wondering if it is of much concern. i thought maybe there was just some food caught in between his mouth (he is quite messy) and figured it would wash out in the monthly bath. the food has washed out since but his lower jaw is still slightly misaligned (sticks outward beyond the upper jaw a bit on both sides.)

            his mucus is pretty normal but a little thicker and stringier at times. does anyone have advice on this? i hope he does not have any respiratary problems... i am concerned because my humidifier collects this pink stuff no matter how many times i clean it. its a light pink mold that collects on the inside of the humidifier. i replaced the filter and it still does this. does anyone know abotu this? any advice?

            thanks, kate

          • greengirl7903
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 3, 2004
              Kate - it sounds like your ig has some signs of stomatitis ( or more
              commonly known as mouthrot). The increased thickened, ropy saliva is
              a classic sign. You should take your ig to a vet for proper diagnosis
              and treatment. for more info check out this web site
              http://www.anapsid.org/stomatitis.html
              Lisa and Yoshi :)
            • bertsmom .
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 4, 2004
                >>>but his lower jaw is still slightly misaligned (sticks outward beyond the
                >>>upper jaw a bit on both sides<<<

                Kate, does your ig have good UVB lights close to him? It could be MBD. I
                had an ig that had an "over bite" & I found out too late that is was MBD
                from improper UVB.

                -just guessing.

                Lillian

                Take advantage of our limited-time introductory offer for dial-up Internet
                access. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup
              • Spyderbytz@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 4, 2004
                  In a message dated 1/4/2004 2:09:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                  ihatenuno@... writes:

                  > his lower jaw is still slightly misaligned (sticks outward beyond the upper
                  > jaw a bit on both sides.)

                  If he was older... like, 8-10... I'd say it might just be a sign of old age.
                  'Zart's been like that for several years now, and she's about 11.5 years old.
                  (2.5 years post diagnosis with cirrhosis, 1.5 years post diagnosis with a
                  heart murmur!). I thought she might have mouth rot, because her saliva tends
                  to be a bit ropy. When that was ruled out, I figured it was likely loss of
                  hydration in her mouth due to the fact that it was always hanging open. She
                  would hang around with her tongue lolling when awake for a couple of years. When
                  she was asleep, I swear her tongue hit her chin. After starting medication
                  for her problems, the instance of that symptom/habit dropped drastically. So.
                  I still have no clue what it all means. I have noticed, in her advanced
                  age, that her teeth seem less visible, maybe due to retained fluid. Also, I can
                  stick my finger in her mouth and hardly feel anything.

                  Anyway. Back to the jaw... it seems normal for her. She builds up a lot of
                  crust on it, too. I rub mineral oil on her lips to try to keep it from
                  hardening up, because if she isn't soaked adequately, and that buildup wiped off,
                  the crust will crack when she opens her mouth and her gums bleed.

                  For anyone familiar with 'Zart's history... she's still hanging in there,
                  believe it or not. Her appetite is GREAT, she sleeps through the night, and she
                  definitely enjoys a stomp around the house every day.

                  Terri & 'Zart, the Medical Wonder