Re: Forest Chameleon

  • Wyatt
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 31, 1999
      Hello,
      Well you know pet stores if its dying and fading away dont reduce it let it
      die we can write it off in taxes or something like that. Pet stores suck.
      AHHHHH!
      Wyattt
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 31, 1999
        It does amuse me when stores, whose management and employees insist that
        they are taking perfect care of the their animals, object to someone taking
        pictures, even when there has been no negative prior encounter between the
        staff and photographer.

        Gee, d'ya think they really may realize things like that dead lizard is,
        well, dead and not just sleeping?

        --
        Melissa Kaplan
        http://anapsid.org

        "It's a little-known fact that the Y1K problem caused the Dark Ages." -
        Tsu Dho Nimh
        Worried about Y2K? http://www.sonic.net/melissk/y2k.html
      • Thundrhil3@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 31, 1999
          Kim,
          I just took a look at your picture of the poor thing. It has the saddest eyes
          & looks very pitiful. That is why I hate some pet stores. I take one look at
          eyes like that & whether I can afford it or not it's hard not to take it home
          to love.
          Tammy
        • Ron Wulff
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 1, 2000
            LOL, I don't know about B&E but big chains of pet stores are more fearful of
            things like that than small independent ones who really don't have the kind
            of money that would make a lawyer want to take on a case. If an animal
            isn't getting the right care at a Petco, it's because the staff doesn't know
            what the right care is. Every employee is given video tapes to watch and
            there is a test they must pass, but so does everyone with a drivers license
            and we know that there are plenty of people who shouldn't be driving. The
            last thing a pet store wants is trouble with the state.
            The state can fine them for things that are not even a problem (Like no
            water bowl in an enclosure of a animal that won't drink out of a water
            bowl). I had someone complain that an iguana that was up for adoption had
            rammed his face bloody against the glass trying to get out. It was
            strawberry on his face. We get animals in that are not in the best
            condition sometimes and I do my best to turn them around, even if it means
            taking them home. The habitats that Kim was talking about are pretty nice
            for certain animals. They are temperature controlled, and have uv
            lighting.. But they are not designed for animals that need a high basking
            area. I make sure that animals with those requirements are not ordered, but
            in other stores animals are ordered if the name on the availability list
            sounds interesting. Unfortunately animals that might make manageable pets
            like bearded dragons and uromastics don't do well long term in these setups.
            I have removed the hot rocks from them and taped up the hole for the plugs
            so the crickets don't get out and group the animals by sections depending on
            their needs. I don't do this for Petco, I do it because I like these
            animals. I look at the animals there as a mine, I just keep them there to
            give me more room at home. And I only let people who I know , know how to
            take care of them take them to there home. Then I can get new stuff. That
            is why I try to encourage other people like me to get jobs at Petco. Every
            Pet store needs someone who looks at the animals as "theirs". You can pass
            all the tests in the world, if you don't have the love for the animals it
            doesn't mean a thing. Hmmm sleep deprivation really does make you ramble,
            lol
            Ron
            I hope somewhere in there I touched on my original point, which escapes me
            now.