Training Camp

  • Mike Morris
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2004
      Message
      Did anyone get to training camp today?

      Also, FYI Lutz was reassigned to us today and Mike Tobin is trying to make a spot on Flints team.
    • IceHogsFan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2004
        I made it down there.  A lot of size on the ice!  Smallest guy on the ice was probably 5'8".  I didn't really know who was who, but no one player really stood out.  They all seemed to be pretty good puck handlers (with the exception of one D-man who couldn't pass a puck tape to tape to save his life).  I didn't see anyone with a "stellar" shot, but is the first day of training camp & I'm guessing they were all pretty much just going through the motions.  Kinda strange seeing Watson out there.  But with the hits I saw him put on the first season I say welcome back!  The goalie Grady Hunt (I was told he was the back-up) was very solid in net.  If he's the back-up it should be a good year in net no matter what their past stats say.  But like I said before, it was the first day.

        One guy that got on my good side early was Jason Ralph.  He broke a stick and had to go off the ice to get another.  As he was heading back out he asked my son if he wanted the stick.  Even though my son said no he skated to the bench, grabbed the stick, & handed it over the glass for Blake.  It was broken in the middle & is the perfect size for a 3 year old.  Now he has another stick to use when bouncing pucks off the entertainment center!

        Rod
      • Sam Meyers
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2004
          Hey Rod

          I didn't know you were 34 years old. Damn you old!!!!

          Sam

          >From: IceHogsFan@...
          >To: IceHogs@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [IceHogs] Training Camp
          >Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 10:34:26 EDT
          >
          >I made it down there. A lot of size on the ice! Smallest guy on the ice
          >was
          >probably 5'8". I didn't really know who was who, but no one player really
          >stood out. They all seemed to be pretty good puck handlers (with the
          >exception
          >of one D-man who couldn't pass a puck tape to tape to save his life). I
          >didn't see anyone with a "stellar" shot, but is the first day of training
          >camp &
          >I'm guessing they were all pretty much just going through the motions.
          >Kinda
          >strange seeing Watson out there. But with the hits I saw him put on the
          >first
          >season I say welcome back! The goalie Grady Hunt (I was told he was the
          >back-up) was very solid in net. If he's the back-up it should be a good
          >year in net
          >no matter what their past stats say. But like I said before, it was the
          >first day.
          >
          >One guy that got on my good side early was Jason Ralph. He broke a stick
          >and
          >had to go off the ice to get another. As he was heading back out he asked
          >my
          >son if he wanted the stick. Even though my son said no he skated to the
          >bench, grabbed the stick, & handed it over the glass for Blake. It was
          >broken in
          >the middle & is the perfect size for a 3 year old. Now he has another
          >stick
          >to use when bouncing pucks off the entertainment center!
          >
          >Rod
        • slamintheboards
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2004
            He looks good for his age. LOL!
            Wendy

          • IceHogsFan@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 6, 2004
              Another stellar reporting job by Schreck.  The guy never even asked my age.

              Rod