Re: [IceHogs] Re: Hogs Move To Loves Park?

  • gah2112@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2004
      You're all forgetting that the Hogs would get top billing in the new arena. That doesn't mean that they can't book other things as well. With a state-of-the-art arena in a great location, they would likely be able to book acts that may not play in Rockford under the current circumstances. The article didn't say that it was JUST for the Hogs. But, the Hogs would be the priority.

      With Carlson Ice Rink just a short ways away, they would be able to hold hockey tournaments for amature, high-school, and possibly even smaller colleges. If they build it right, they may even be able to get an arena football team. Something the Metrocentre can't accomodate. Not that I'm a huge fan of country music....Garth Brooks was petitioned to play the Metrocentre. His people looked into it, the Metrocentre's structure couldn't support his stage.

      I would have to drive an extra 20 minutes or so to get to the new arena too. But, I'm a die-hard. I'll go see them anywhere they play.
    • sgoheci
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2004
        Didn't say I wouldn't drive the extra miles-but it will make things
        alot more difficult. Everyone says it is a great location but not for
        me or any of the other fans coming from the west. The location of the
        new arena would add at least 30 minutes to my drive time and that's
        under good road conditions.It's already pretty rough getting up at
        4am after a Wed night game-but I do it. As far as concerts go I had
        always heard that the kind of groups/artists that could sell out
        would not come because the BOB is too small and the new arena sounded
        like it would be basically the same size. It seems to me that this
        (especially at this time)is more of a bargaining tool to get the
        Metro Centre to give us the dates we want and need for next season. I
        really don't see it ever coming to fruition.