Burfoot & Mattila & Rockford Park District

  • Deborah Kartheiser
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 8, 2003
      This finally made it into the Rag today (somewhat hidden):

      Scott Burfoot is going to be hockey program coordinator for the
      Rockford Park District and Tim Mattila will be the coach/development
      director for the hockey program.

      This is great, exciting news for our kids who play hockey (mine
      does). Both these men are wonderful role models and mentors,
      besides knowing how to work with young players on skills development
      and motivation.

      There was a press conference Wednesday evening (which I
      unfortunately missed). I was hoping to read more details in the
      newspaper, but evidently the media-powers-that-be didn't consider it
      of great importance.

      Anyway, for what it's worth --

      Deb
    • ron derry jr
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 8, 2003
        Sue Shippman passed away last night after her long
        battle with Cancer.

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • IceHogsFan@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 8, 2003
          I'm sorry to hear that. Rockford lost one of it's biggest hockey fans and
          IceHogs supporters in Sue. She will be missed. Thanks for the info Ron. When
          you hear about arrangements please let me know.

          Rod
        • Raeluvsall@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 8, 2003

            More than a loss of a hockey fan, a Hockey MOM and GREAT friend.

            For those that don't know, Sue was the cool lady with the IceHogs tattoo on her shoulder.  She IS greatly missed.

            Visitation is Monday from 6-8 PM and a service at 11 AM on Tuesday at Sunset Memorial Gardens.

            ~Rae
          • gah2112@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 9, 2003
              Information I got last night said that the visitation would be Monday night from 6-8 pm, at the Sunset Funeral Home on Alpine. The funeral will be Tuesday at 11 am.

            • IceHogsFan@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 9, 2003
                I'll try to make the visitation. I will be at the funeral.

                Rod
              • ron derry jr
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 9, 2003
                  I'll be at both. My parents will most likely be there.

                  So you'll have an oppurtunity to ask them what is
                  wrong with me.

                  http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                • IceHogsFan@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 9, 2003
                    Here's the obituary. I've heard 11:00 on Tuesday from a couple of people,
                    but the obit says 10:00. Might be a good idea to call Sunset. If I hear
                    further I'll post it.

                    Rod

                    Sue Shipman, 62

                    Loving mom and grandmother

                    ROCKFORD -- Sue Shipman, 62, of Rockford died at 10:55 p.m. Thursday, Aug.
                    7, 2003, in her home in loving care of her family after a courageous battle
                    with cancer. Born Dec. 26, 1940, in Detroit, Mich., to Lawrence and Frances
                    Bethke. Married John Shipman Sr. in Cedarville, Kan., in 1961. Employed by SPX
                    Corp. for more than 25 years. DEVOTED #1 FAN OF THE ROCKFORD ICE HOGS! Survivors
                    include son, John Shipman Jr. of Rockford; daughters, Sindy (Clint) August of
                    Loves Park and Dona (John Jenkins) Shipman of Loves Park; grandchildren,
                    Dustin, Jason and Jamie McCracken, Jessica and Joshua August, Nicole Jackson, Shelby
                    Shipman, Sammantha Smith, Brandi Shipman, and Amanda and Melissa Jenkins;
                    brothers, Roger (Rose) Bethke of Texas and Larry (Darlene) Bethke of Tennessee;
                    and special friends, Tena (Orv) Sadewater, Penny Leindecker, Eileen Benton,
                    Monica Owen, and Dan Davies. Predeceased by her parents.

                    Service at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12, in Sunset Funeral Home, 8800 N. Alpine
                    Road. Inurnment in Sunset Memorial Gardens. Visitation from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday,
                    Aug. 11, in the funeral home. A special thanks to the oncology staff of OSF
                    Saint Anthony Medical Center. Memorials to OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center.
                    8-9-2
                  • ron derry jr
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 9, 2003
                      For those not on inthecrease here is the RRStar obit
                      link.

                      Its got a nice pic of her.

                      http://cf.rrstar.com/obituaries/fullobit.cfm?obitid=23503

                      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com