Re: [IceHogs] Tonite game

  • gah2112@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2003
      UHL Website has a 2-0 shutout. Did they miss a Hogs goal?
    • Raeluvsall@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2003
        The Adirondack site and post game news say that they shut out the IceHogs last night. Too bad we can't get scores from the Hog site.
        ~Rae

        WOLFE BLANKS 'HOGS IN 2-0 WIN

        BELANGER AND CHIASSON SCORE FOR ICEHAWKS
        Adirondack IceHawks release for 1/31/03

        Glens Falls, NY - Rookie goaltender Jason Wolfe made 22 saves in posting his second shutout of the season in the Adirondack IceHawks' 2-0 win over the Rockford IceHogs at the Glens Falls Civic Center on Friday evening. The UHL's top two goal scorers, Dominic Chiasson and Hugo Belanger, each tallied in the IceHawks' win.

        With the IceHawks on the penalty kill in the first period, Belanger collected a loose puck that had been cleared to center ice by defenseman Alex Dumas before beating Rockford netminder Brant Nicklin on a breakaway. The goal, Belanger's 32nd of the season, provided Adirondack a 1-0 lead with 2:55 remaining in the frame.

        After a scoreless second period, the IceHogs pressured Adirondack for the tying marker for much of the middle portion of the third. Wolfe turned aside several Rockford scoring chances during the period including a point-blank opportunity by 'Hogs center Matt Loen at the ten minute mark.

        Chiasson connected for the insurance goal with 5:03 remaining in the game. On the play, Chiasson scored on a low shot from between the face-off circles after forward James Patterson fed him a crisp centering pass from the left wing halfboards.

        Nicklin stopped 37 of 39 shots in the hard-luck loss while Adirondack out shot Rockford by a margin of 17.

        Belanger's first-period goal marked his league-leading 99th point of the season. The marker was also the IceHawks' 15th shorthanded goal of the season to regain the UHL lead in the category.

        Center J.C. Ruid collected an assist on Chiasson's tally after being reassigned from the American Hockey League's Albany River Rats earlier in the day.

        The IceHawks will play the fifth contest of their current eight-game homestand at the Civic Center versus the Quad City Mallards on Saturday night. Game time is 7:30 p.m.

        Rockford ……………………….. 0 - 0 - 0 - 0
        Adirondack …………………….. 1 - 0 - 1 -- 2

        First period: 1. ADR Belanger 32 (Dumas, Wolfe) 17:05 (sh). Penalties: Davies, RCK (Roughing), 2:08; Senn, ADR, (Roughing) 2:08; Cygan, RCK (Slashing), 2:59; Kuriplach, ADR (Interference), 5:16; Senn, ADR (Boarding), 8:08; Statkus, RCK (High sticking), 10:49; Statkus, RCK (High sticking), 10:49; Ivanans, RCK (Roughing), 14:07; Sjolund, ADR (Roughing), 14:07; Littlejohn, ADR (Roughing), 16:17.

        Second period: No scoring. Penalties: Ivanans, RCK (Obstruction interference), 9:01; Ivanans, RCK (Tripping), 13:03; Wolfe (served by Johnstone), ADR (Delay of game), 17:29.

        Third period: 2. ADR Chiasson 36 (Patterson, Ruid) 14:57.

        Shots on goal: RFD - 22, ADR - 39; Power-play opportunities: RFD 0-for-4; ADR 0-for-5.

        Goaltenders: RFD Nicklin (60:00, 39 shots, 37 saves); ADR Wolfe (60:00, 22 shots, 22 saves).

        Referee: Harrison. Linesmen: Harper, Kilmer.

        Attendance: 2,512.
      • icehogfan1
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
          No, WE did not miss a goal...that was a typo on the typist's part...game was
          a shutout.

          > From: gah2112@...
          > Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 15:57:41 -0500
          > To: IceHogs@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: [IceHogs] Tonite game
          >
          > UHL Website has a 2-0 shutout. Did they miss a Hogs goal?
          >
          > Community email addresses:
          > Post message: IceHogs@onelist.com
          > Subscribe: IceHogs-subscribe@onelist.com
          > IceHogs official homepage:http://www.IceHogs.com