Mallards Sold

  • hyde4us8@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14, 2001
      does the sale of the mallard have a effect on the hogs what do you
      think just wondering peoples thoughts i think we may actually get
      more $ spent on the hogs which of course means more top notch players
      to add to the ones we have already
    • Lisa Craig
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 14, 2001
        More money to put into the owners pocket you mean! Unfortunately all the
        players we have returning this season have taken a pay cut. To think Nick
        Checco had the season of his life last year. What are they saying by
        offering him less money.....The sale of the mallards does not mean more
        money for better players. If it did, everyone from last year would be
        returning!

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 14, 2001
          I'm not sure the sale of the Mallards will make much of a difference as far
          as players because of the salary cap. It does mean however that the 'Hogs
          won't have to go thru the Mallards for purchasing equipment and stuff like
          that. From a business standpoint the 'Hogs office should be more free to
          make their own decisions.

          GO HOGS!!
          Rod
        • Lisa Craig
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 14, 2001
            That is true, They will also have improved accommodations when going on road
            trips Ie: sleeper buses, not having to leave their aparmtents at 12:00 at
            night to get to their destinations, instead they can leave a day ahead and
            get the proper rest they need before a game. Perhaps it will be in teams
            budget this year to recongize their players with even a christmas card!!
            Which did not occur last season. Thank goodness for the booster club and
            fans. Without their support and generosity, I think the players would not
            truly feel like human beings, as oppose to just pieces of meat, that the
            owner takes for granted and simply just profits from.