Re: used boat trailer

  • Roger Livingston
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
      I just drove to Plymouth, MA and picked up a Hobie trailer. These
      make excellent iceboat trailers and this one was in excellent shape.
      Thanks to all who offered their advice and a special thanks to Jeff
      Soderholm for finding it for me. Now I have to break the welds to
      get the old trailer out.

      Roger Livingston
      DN 4568

      --- In IceBoating@yahoogroups.com, "Billy Bluefeather"
      <billybluefeather@...> wrote:

      > Roger,
      > If you need help let me know!!!!Save the running gear and hitch
      > Roger...Building a trailer is mutch easier if those components
      are
      > procured...
      > Just built a 4x16 trailer for the new boat..used sguare tubing
      for
      > the frame...A removable 50 inch x16 foot water tight shed slides
      on to
      > it (a doghouse for the new boat)...All total the trailer and shed
      weigh
      > less than 500 pounds...The trailer has 12inch tires 4 leaf springs
      and
      > with an aluminium diamond plate deck screwed right to the
      tubing..In
      > the off season its used for transporting
      atv's,lumber ,stageing,etc...
      > I sat in the boat last night... imagined what it was like
      speeding
      > down toward the southern end of Sunapee that special day earlier
      this
      > year....I Got the fever all over again in a fingersnap!!!!
      > Going to be a great season..I can feel it!!!
      > Billy

    • Bill VanEe
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
        Just for giggles. I have a tandem lite trailer available. It was used for a
        25ft rescue boat for a local fire department on Cayuga Lake.

        Hope the attached pic makes it. New rubber and lites. Bearings are good.
        Located in Sodus Point, NY at Kallusch Marine Repair, Rt 14.