Re: DN For Sale SOLD!

  • Will klein
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 3, 2008
      Thanks!

      --- In IceBoating@yahoogroups.com, "scooterklein" <stilettobob@...>
      wrote:

      > Yes I know it's off season but I came across a beautifully made DN
      > for sale and thought I'd pass the opportunity along.
      >

      > According to the sellers, Lissa and Nick Gumprecht, the DN in
      > question was built approx. 7 years ago. Due to some health issues
      it
      > hasn't been used for years.
      >
      > The mast is aluminum. Almost new sail is Melges #3773. Fittings
      are
      > all harken. runners are Sarns with the aluminum plank castings.
      he
      > plank attaches to hull via external SS plates. Hull is narrow
      > profile with external gunnels around cockpit area. Tiller looks to
      > bea breakaway design. Steering is via single push/pull bell
      crank.
      > Front runner sprunk suspension. Comes with a spare plank. Boat
      set
      > up for 175-225 lb person... I think. This is a put it together and
      > go iceboat. No work required.
      >
      > They are asking $2000 or best resonable offer and would like it
      gone
      > soon as they are in the process of moving.
      >
      > Boat is located in North Stonington, CT. Home phone is 860-535-
      3140
      > and cell is 860-984-6662.
      >
      > Hope someone can pick this up as it's a great deal.
      >

      > Bob Klein
      > Ninigret Salt Pond, RI

    • pgervais1
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 20, 2009
        Race ready DN long cockpit sitka spruce hull with harken blocks,
        staymaster, adjustable tiller & mast step, European front & side
        chocks, ash & cedar plank, bullnose runners, shore sail, aluminum boom,
        with Composite solutions glass carbon mast and tapered mainsheet. Also
        hull, runner & mast bags included $3,200.00. Also available 36"
        insert runners with carbon sides. Located in VT 802-863-5440
      • pgervais1
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 30, 2009
          DN FOR SALE
          Race ready DN long cockpit sitka spruce hull with harken blocks,
          staymaster, adjustable tiller & mast step, European front & side
          chocks, ash & cedar plank, bullnose runners, shore sail, aluminum boom,
          with Composite solutions glass carbon mast and tapered mainsheet. Also
          hull, runner & mast bags included $3,200.00. Also available 36" insert
          runners with carbon sides. Located in VT
          Check out craiglist vt for some pictures
          http://burlington.craigslist.org/boa/1006918253.html
        • CodyS
          Message 4 of 24 , Nov 3, 2009
            I am selling a very light-weight Gougeon style DN for a friend of mine. It is all wood finish with a few painted accents on the side rails. It comes with an aluminum mast and a repaired wooden mast for a spare. It has the older style runners however they have been CNC profiled and are dead sharp. It has 2 running planks, 2 steering tillers and a good sail. The only thing I would do is replace the main sheet line with high quality line. Other than that it is in mint condition and ready to sail. He is selling it for $1500.00 firm. I will be at the swap meet on Saturday. If someone is interested I will bring it to the meet. Please email me if you want to see some pictures or call me @ 413-834-1290 if you have any questions.
            Cody
          • Lee
            Message 5 of 24 , Nov 4, 2009
              I'm interested in the DN
              I live in the lakes region of NH.
              Is the boat still available? Where is it located?
              Thanks,
              Lee Spiller

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 24 , Nov 4, 2009
                Hi Lee,

                Yes, the boat is still available. It is located in Northfield, Mass. I am roughly 2 hours from the lakes region.

                Cody

                --- In IceBoating@yahoogroups.com, Lee <cloud_mountain@...> wrote:

                > I'm interested in the DN
                > I live in the lakes region of NH.
                > Is the boat still available? Where is it located?
                > Thanks,
                > Lee Spiller
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Lee
                Message 7 of 24 , Nov 11, 2009
                  Cody,
                  Just wondering if the DN found a new home yet. I thought I'd wait till after the swap meet to ask.

                  Lee Spiller

                  ________________________________
                  Yes, the boat is still available. It is located in Northfield, Mass. I am roughly 2 hours from the lakes region.

                  Cody

                  --- In IceBoating@yahoogro ups.com, Lee <cloud_mountain@ ...> wrote:

                  > I'm interested in the DN
                  > I live in the lakes region of NH.
                  > Is the boat still available? Where is it located?
                  > Thanks,
                  > Lee Spiller
                  >

                  > ____________ _________ _________ __

                • Cody Sisson
                  Message 8 of 24 , Nov 11, 2009
                    Hi Lee,
                    Yes the boat is still for sale,
                    Cody

                    Just wondering if the DN found a new home yet. I thought I'd wait till after
                    the swap meet to ask.

                    Lee Spiller

                    > I am selling a very light-weight Gougeon style DN for a friend of mine. It
                    is all wood finish with a few painted accents on the side rails. It comes
                    with an aluminum mast and a repaired wooden mast for a spare. It has the
                    older style runners however they have been CNC profiled and are dead sharp.
                    It has 2 running planks, 2 steering tillers and a good sail. The only thing
                    I would do is replace the main sheet line with high quality line. Other than
                    that it is in mint condition and ready to sail. He is selling it for
                    $1500.00 firm. I will be at the swap meet on Saturday. If someone is
                    interested I will bring it to the meet. Please email me if you want to see
                    some pictures or call me @ 413-834-1290 if you have any questions.
                    > Cody

                  • CodyS
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 8, 2010
                      I am selling a very light-weight Gougeon style DN for a friend of mine. It is all wood finish with a few painted accents on the side rails. It comes with an aluminum mast and a repaired wooden mast for a spare. It has the older style runners however they have been CNC profiled and are dead sharp. It has 2 running planks, 2 steering tillers and a good sail. The only thing I would do is replace the main sheet line with high quality line. Other than that it is in mint condition and ready to sail. He is selling it for $1500.00 firm. Please email me if you want to see some pictures or call me @ 413-834-1290 if you have any questions.
                      Thank you,
                      Cody
                    • Brian
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 16, 2011
                        I have a used late model wedge style DN for sale at the shop.
                        We built the customer a new BDX-12 pocket skeeter and he does not want the DN any more.

                        Dn needs some refinish work. It is natural wood and made of sitka spruce. Hull has most hardware on it.

                        Included:
                        Front chock with spring.
                        Single steering tube setup.
                        Steering post and tiller mount.
                        Sliding tiller tube.
                        Tiller.
                        Bob stay and hardware.

                        Parts that are missing:

                        Missing rear plank plates.
                        Rear block track.
                        Ratchet pulley.
                        Mast base plate and ball.
                        All that stuff was transferred to his new boat.

                        Has 2 planks with it. No chocks or hardware on planks. Planks are on the soft side, as made for a lite skipper. Easy to stiffen with a little carbon put on the bottom.

                        Also Comes with a aluminum boom, with car track. no blocks.

                        No sail, No mast, No stays or blades.

                        He is asking $1,300.00

                        Brian
                        Shop # 508-295-5601
                      • Brian
                        Message 11 of 24 , Oct 9, 2011
                          Follow up to this post:

                          Still have this boat and plank combo. It will be going to the NEIYA swap meet on the 29th of Oct. Beat the rush and pick it up before the swap in Wareham Ma.

                          Make a realistic offer on it, and I will forward it to the owner.

                          Brian

                          --- In IceBoating@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <b_langley1@...> wrote:

                          > I have a used late model wedge style DN for sale at the shop.
                          > We built the customer a new BDX-12 pocket skeeter and he does not want the DN any more.
                          >
                          > Dn needs some refinish work. It is natural wood and made of sitka spruce. Hull has most hardware on it.
                          >
                          > Included:
                          > Front chock with spring.
                          > Single steering tube setup.
                          > Steering post and tiller mount.
                          > Sliding tiller tube.
                          > Tiller.
                          > Bob stay and hardware.
                          >
                          > Parts that are missing:
                          >
                          > Missing rear plank plates.
                          > Rear block track.
                          > Ratchet pulley.
                          > Mast base plate and ball.
                          > All that stuff was transferred to his new boat.
                          >
                          > Has 2 planks with it. No chocks or hardware on planks. Planks are on the soft side, as made for a lite skipper. Easy to stiffen with a little carbon put on the bottom.
                          >
                          > Also Comes with a aluminum boom, with car track. no blocks.
                          >
                          > No sail, No mast, No stays or blades.
                          >
                          > He is asking $1,300.00
                          >
                          > Brian
                          > Shop # 508-295-5601

                        • James Thieler
                          Message 12 of 24 , Nov 19, 2013

                            Hello All-  Saw this on the interweb, maybe someone can give it a good home!

                          • coastl42
                            Message 13 of 24 , Dec 31, 2013

                              Yes I've picked up the Lockley Skimmer.

                              I'm for Long Island NY

                              Looking for others with the same boat

                              I'm a yr round windsurfer here,and plan on using one of my masts,sails,and boom

                               the boat. came with the boat was pretty old  and used a .mast& boom combo

                              I'm hoping to use a set up like the Ice Flyer using a windsurf rig

                              The Ice Flyer uses what looks like from the pix I've seen is a support post

                              The goes up to where the boom is.Ive got a lot of questions about a conversion

                            • RCReevesJr@...