Looking for Yankee for sale...

  • astevens21
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 22, 2007
      I'm looking for a Yankee for sale- Long Island area preferrably - any
      2-seater considered... astevens21@...
    • Southampton Village Photo
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 24, 2007
        I am guessing thats you Andrew...
        There is a nice Yankee for sale in CT by Mr George Neyssen
        You can email him at Yankeeboyc152@... or call me at my photo lab with your direct email address
        I have some photos he sent me...

        Chris Geminski

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 25, 2007
          I am looking for a two seater specifically, open cockpit, starter level,
          iceboat that might be easily deliverable to the South Jersey area. Are
          there any web sites/clubs in the eastern states (Maine to Maryland) I
          should contact for available boats?

          --- In IceBoating@yahoogroups.com, Southampton Village Photo

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 25, 2007
            look at www.iceboat.org, even though its a mid-west iceboat site, it has classified ads from all over the country...

            <shvillagephoto@...> wrote:

            > I am guessing thats you Andrew...
            > There is a nice Yankee for sale in CT by Mr George Neyssen
            > You can email him at Yankeeboyc152@... or call me at my photo lab with
            your direct email address
            > I have some photos he sent me...
            >
            > Chris Geminski

          • Randall Rice
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 25, 2007
              I have been know to build gambits by customers order. Although
              building a new boat can seem costly, the owner gets an up to date,
              lightweight, cartopable, two place iceboat that utilizes many of the
              same opportunities to sail as the DN. For more info call 603 279 8357.

            • jmorton732@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 25, 2007
                I believe there is a Yankee for sale in N.J., Red Bank , Try calling Gordon at 732-842-6572, it does need updating but is complete .

                From: Southampton Village Photo <shvillagephoto@...>

              • Nthwind1@aol.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 7, 2007
                  Northwind Iceboats has and unfinished Gambit hull, plank and spring board for sale. $1400.00 The hull is completely together. Needs finish. All hull hardware in stock. Good summer project.
                  Call 781-724-0648 Cell or E-mail nthwind1@... any time.

                  I have been know to build gambits by customers order. Although
                  building a new boat can seem costly, the owner gets an up to date,
                  lightweight, cartopable, two place iceboat that utilizes many of the
                  same opportunities to sail as the DN. For more info call 603 279 8357.
                  On Jun 25, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Southampton Village Photo wrote:

                  > look at www.iceboat.org, even though its a mid-west iceboat site,
                  > it has classified ads from all over the country...

                • Edward eDWARDS
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 9, 2007
                    I have 2 older DN hulls.
                    Summer project is to strip & paint.
                    How about sealing/priming?
                    What's a good paint?
                    These are my first boats.
                    I stripped them, guess there drying out now till I seal them.
                    I'm thing latex house paint?
                    Thanks,
                    Ed E

                    Call 781-724-0648 Cell or E-mail nthwind1@aol. com any time.

                    I have been know to build gambits by customers order. Although
                    building a new boat can seem costly, the owner gets an up to date,
                    lightweight, cartopable, two place iceboat that utilizes many of the
                    same opportunities to sail as the DN. For more info call 603 279 8357.
                    On Jun 25, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Southampton Village Photo wrote:

                    > look at www.iceboat. org, even though its a mid-west iceboat site,
                    > it has classified ads from all over the country...

                  • Bill VanEe
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 9, 2007
                      mine is painted Ford Tractor blue, its sistership is painted JD
                      green....never have any trouble finding a match...wasn't my idea BTW

                      all i can tell you, is that white is a pretty shitty color...they can't see
                      ya coming yano.........

                      any porch paint will stand up to the beating....

                      good luck

                      uncle buck
                      Comm. REDNECK YC

                      I have been know to build gambits by customers order. Although
                      building a new boat can seem costly, the owner gets an up to date,
                      lightweight, cartopable, two place iceboat that utilizes many of the
                      same opportunities to sail as the DN. For more info call 603 279 8357.
                      On Jun 25, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Southampton Village Photo wrote:

                      > look at www.iceboat. org, even though its a mid-west iceboat site,
                      > it has classified ads from all over the country...

                      from AOL at AOL.com.

                    • jmorton732@comcast.net
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 9, 2007
                        I'm a house painter and I say , NO ! but if they are 'first boats' make them a little nice , prime with recommended primer for for one of the 1 part uerethnae marine enamals , finish with 2 coats color of your choice . The Boat US label is fine and saves about $10 a quart .

                        From: Edward eDWARDS <erkimin@...>
                        I have 2 older DN hulls.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 9, 2007
                          jm,

                          what do you have against ford and jd? You are probably right though, both
                          would bubble up if a case orange when by them.......;}

                          I have been know to build gambits by customers order. Although
                          building a new boat can seem costly, the owner gets an up to date,
                          lightweight, cartopable, two place iceboat that utilizes many of the
                          same opportunities to sail as the DN. For more info call 603 279 8357.
                          On Jun 25, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Southampton Village Photo wrote:

                          > look at www.iceboat. org, even though its a mid-west iceboat site,
                          > it has classified ads from all over the country...

                          AOL at AOL.com.

                          GO FAST - Stay SAFE - Never sail alone
                          Unsubscribe: IceBoating-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

                          Yahoo! Groups Links
                        • Ed Atkeson
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
                            Ed E: I have 2 older DN hulls.
                            Summer project is to strip & paint.
                            How about sealing/priming?
                            What's a good paint?
                            These are my first boats.
                            I stripped them, guess there drying out now till I seal them.
                            I'm thing latex house paint?

                            -------------------

                            Hi Ed, if the hulls are tight with finish intact, get some oil paint
                            from the boat store. If you've got some minor cracks and checking I'd
                            sand everything and give a coat of marine epoxy to tighten things up.
                            Scrape the resin smooth with single edge razor blades (don't laugh,
                            it works great) and paint.

                            I have the same chore, older boat rehab, and I'm going to take some
                            decking off to make sure that everything is structurally sound.

                            have fun,

                            Ed A
                          • Bob Gray
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 11, 2007
                              If you have epoxy build up after it dries, sand it
                              with wet/dry sand paper (the dark gray stuff) with the
                              paper wet. This way it won't load up with epoxy. BOB
                              GRAY
                              --- Ed Atkeson <edatkeson@...> wrote:

                              > Ed E: I have 2 older DN hulls.
                              > Summer project is to strip & paint.
                              > How about sealing/priming?
                              > What's a good paint?
                              > These are my first boats.
                              > I stripped them, guess there drying out now till I
                              > seal them.
                              > I'm thing latex house paint?
                              >
                              > -------------------
                              >
                              > Hi Ed, if the hulls are tight with finish intact,
                              > get some oil paint
                              > from the boat store. If you've got some minor cracks
                              > and checking I'd
                              > sand everything and give a coat of marine epoxy to
                              > tighten things up.
                              > Scrape the resin smooth with single edge razor
                              > blades (don't laugh,
                              > it works great) and paint.
                              >
                              > I have the same chore, older boat rehab, and I'm
                              > going to take some
                              > decking off to make sure that everything is
                              > structurally sound.
                              >
                              > have fun,
                              >
                              > Ed A

                              http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
                            • bob
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 11, 2007
                                You also try wash with warm soapy water to rinse of the amin blush or gooey
                                wax like stuff that rises to the surface as the epoxy curesÂ…

                                It may be less stuff filling up the sand paper as you sand between coats of
                                epoxy.

                                -bob

                                _____

                                --- Ed Atkeson <edatkeson@earthlink <mailto:edatkeson%40earthlink.net> .net>