When winter comes late

  • Billy Bluefeather
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4 9:42 AM
      Been watching the plate on Quabaug shifting back and forth crashing
      into the lee shorelines,,,,it piles up the tube ice like a stack of
      slates..and when the wind blows the plate real good it can creap up
      25' onto the boat launch ramp...The brush at the shore edge looks like
      a deer scrape yard...
      Who ever would have thought back in Jan that we would have ice on
      central new england lakes on the 4th of April...Lesson here should be
      when winter comes late spring does to....Bluefeather
    • Andrew Hudson
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5 7:42 AM
        Similar things happen on the Hudson in the winter. It's not unusual to
        see a 6 foot wall of ice at the edge of the plate, where the
        icebreakers make a channel for the tugs and barges.

        Andy

        --- In IceBoating@yahoogroups.com, "Billy Bluefeather"
        <billy_bluefeather@...> wrote:

        > Been watching the plate on Quabaug shifting back and forth crashing
        > into the lee shorelines,,,,it piles up the tube ice like a stack of
        > slates..and when the wind blows the plate real good it can creap up
        > 25' onto the boat launch ramp...The brush at the shore edge looks like
        > a deer scrape yard...
        > Who ever would have thought back in Jan that we would have ice on
        > central new england lakes on the 4th of April...Lesson here should be
        > when winter comes late spring does to....Bluefeather

      • Kevin
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5 8:25 AM
          This picture taken on 4-05-07 pretty much sums it up.
          http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5150507
        • b_langley1
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6 3:19 AM
            --- In IceBoating@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <kgrindle@...> wrote:

            > This picture taken on 4-05-07 pretty much sums it up.
            > http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5150507

            WOW! you guys got pounded. How much did you get? Your lab looks Happy!
            He looks just like my lab george.
          • Kevin
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6 5:06 AM
              We got a good 12" and much more in some places. There was no wind
              with it so it piled up in some really strange places. My dog Keiko
              loves the snow but it was so deep she had to hop like a bunny to get
              through it.

              Kevin