Re: [IceBoating] Northeast Ice- Moosehead Lake Maine region

  • Dick Dolloff
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1 6:31 AM
      Hi, Marilyn, I think you picked the wrong year to learn much about ice boating. I`m from Sebago Lake in Raymond, and we have no ice anywhere. Don`t give up yet though, you know what they say about the weather in Me. Welcome to the group.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1 6:40 AM
        I was just looking this morning to see if Sebago had any ice on it. The webcam I looked at didn't give me a good idea but since Moosehead is still open through the middle of the lake, I figured Sebago would be closed as well.

        Never a wrong time to learn about something new. Several of the little ponds around here have anywhere between 6-9" of ice now. And the cove in front of our property has been frozen over now for a couple of days. Still hope the wind doesn't pick up and blow our direction to take the ice out. I know, you all want some wind but no wind until the ice is set it my idea of getting things going. Let it be windy after the ice sheet is in.

        Marilyn