Re: You own personal Zamboni

  • proto957
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2 6:49 AM
      I always thought (but never tried it) that the best and simplist way
      would be to auger a hole in the lce, then stick in a suction hose from
      a gas-powered water pump... like the kind use to drain manholes.

      When it rains most any bad ice is fixed... so I think this would have
      a similar effect... lay down a thin sheet of water. Two problems: It
      would not work on a really cold day, when you would end up making an
      "ice hill", and two: don't do it so much you hurt the integrety of the
      ice by lowering it. But on a sunny day I think the water would spread
      nicely, and the next morning it could be fixed over a wide area.