Sail Theory Link

  • tbhpmci
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
      1981 art by Boeing engineer...just stumbled across.

      <http://www.arvelgentry.com/techs/A%20Review%20of%20Modern%20Sail%
      20Theory.pdf>
    • geoff_sobering
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
        --- "tbhpmci" <tbhpmci@...> wrote:

        > 1981 art by Boeing engineer...just stumbled across.
        >
        >http://www.arvelgentry.com/techs/A%20Review%20of%20Modern%20Sail%20Theory.pdf

        Many thanks for the link. My old photocopies of the AIAA "Ancient
        Interface" papers are getting a bit worn.

        To the best of my knowledge, most all of current "sail theory" derives
        from Arvel's work in the late '70s.

        Some more of his stuff:
        http://www.arvelgentry.com/techs.htm

        Cheers,

        Geoff S.
        DN US-5156http://geoff-s.net/wia/
      • tom mack
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2006
          Thanks for the context ; also 'rendering' the core link !

          geoff_sobering <sobering@...> wrote: --- "tbhpmci" <tbhpmci@...> wrote:

          > 1981 art by Boeing engineer...just stumbled across.
          >
          >http://www.arvelgentry.com/techs/A%20Review%20of%20Modern%20Sail%20Theory.pdf

          Many thanks for the link. My old photocopies of the AIAA "Ancient
          Interface" papers are getting a bit worn.

          To the best of my knowledge, most all of current "sail theory" derives
          from Arvel's work in the late '70s.

          Some more of his stuff:
          http://www.arvelgentry.com/techs.htm

          Cheers,