Mead Glider Co.

  • frankboyz1
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 7, 2005
      Just bought a 18'mead glider ice boat. It is an old wood boat that I
      would like to get refinished. Does anyone know the history of the Mead
      Glider co. I would like to get the history on this boat before I spend
      alot of money refiiishing it. Any info you have on The Mead Glider Co.
      out of Chicago,Il would be very helpful.
    • Bob Crinion
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2005
        Do you have any pictures of this ice boat?

        -bob

        Just bought a 18'mead glider ice boat. It is an old wood boat that I
        would like to get refinished. Does anyone know the history of the Mead
        Glider co. I would like to get the history on this boat before I spend
        alot of money refiiishing it. Any info you have on The Mead Glider Co.
        out of Chicago,Il would be very helpful.

        GO FAST - Stay SAFE - Never sail alone
        Unsubscribe: IceBoating-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Matthew C McCauley
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 7, 2005
          google it..

          there are links of other boats and pilots out there..

          Regards
          Matt McCauley
          860-425-6317

          for such purpose.

          "frankboyz1"
          <frankboyz1 To: IceBoating@yahoogroups.com
          @...> cc:
          Sent by: Subject: [IceBoating] Mead Glider Co.
          IceBoating

          07/07/2005 07:59
          AM
          Please respond
          to IceBoating

          Just bought a 18'mead glider ice boat. It is an old wood boat that I
          would like to get refinished. Does anyone know the history of the Mead
          Glider co. I would like to get the history on this boat before I spend
          alot of money refiiishing it. Any info you have on The Mead Glider Co.
          out of Chicago,Il would be very helpful.

          GO FAST - Stay SAFE - Never sail alone
          Unsubscribe: IceBoating-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • purplewhite1978
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 7, 2005
            Greg Ward of Vicksburg, MI here...
            I do not have any history on the Mead to offer, but I did create a
            photo-folder for you entitled "Mead Runner". It's located inside
            the "Photos" section of this group. These are all of the pictures
            that I have to date. One of our good friends (seen posing inside the
            cirkut photo) sailed a red and white Mead for years. Many years
            after he sold it, I located more pictures of that very same boat in
            white paint. In both cases, I posted what I have for you thinking
            that you might be interested.
            Respectfully,
            Greg

            .--- In IceBoating@yahoogroups.com, "frankboyz1" <frankboyz1@y...>
            wrote:
            > Just bought a 18'mead glider ice boat. It is an old wood boat that
            > would like to get refinished. Does anyone know the history of the
            Mead
            > Glider co. I would like to get the history on this boat before I
            spend
            > alot of money refiiishing it. Any info you have on The Mead Glider
            Co.
            > out of Chicago,Il would be very helpful.
          • Ed Atkeson
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 8, 2005
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 8, 2005
                Hello,

                I've enjoyed the conversations, but have no need to remain on the list
                serve. Please unsubscribe me.

                Thank you,

                Kate Pocock

                -----------------------
                Kate Pocock
                250 Willow Ave
                Toronto, ON M4E 3K7
                Canada
                Tel: 416-690-4423
                Fax: 416-466-6408
                email: kate@...
                website: www.familytravelink.com
              • frankboyz1
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 9, 2005
                  Bob, I do have a couple. The serial number(s) on the boat are 3909.
                  I'm think it was made in 1939. Could that be correct. Anyone knowing
                  anything about this boat please responed.

                  --- In IceBoating@yahoogroups.com, Bob Crinion <bob@f...> wrote:
                  > Do you have any pictures of this ice boat?
                  >
                  > -bob

                • frankboyz1
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 9, 2005
                    Bob, The pics are under Mead Ice boat in the photo section.