Re: [IceBoating] dn for sale

  • bjsarns@aol.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 1, 2004
      We have a J-14 in mint condition. It is ready to sail. I am asking $3000.,
      a firm price. This would be f.o.b. Mt. Clemens, Michigan
      Please reply
      Bill SARNS

    • dchiovaro
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 2, 2004
        --- In IceBoating@yahoogroups.com, "dchiovaro" <dchiovaro@y...> wrote:
        > What is the best way to sell an iceboat?
        > We inherited one from a relative in New York, but do not sail. It
        is
        > an all wood older model (20+ years), with three sets of blades. It
        > has not been sailed in many years. Are there classified sites?
        > Thanks for any info.

        thanks to all for your help. This DN is sold.
      • Bill Bi;;ings
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 21 7:19 AM
          Built to Paul Goodwins plans I got from Saratoga meet.
          boat is made from early growth oak laminations with a couple of walnut
          strips for lines Black Decks Harken racheting block with ronstan blocks
          very pretty boat
          laminated telescopeing tiller
          aluminum mast sail is getting tired
          hollow plank 190# to negative deflection 9 inch chocks
          bull nosed runnere with aluminum stiffeners
          4140 steel hardened to 30 rockwell
          box for runners
          needs new stays ( cut one with runners almost in half)
          curved botton hull very strong no bobstay
          alignment coul be a little better
          best speed is 44.8 by gps with 10 -12 mph wind
          hull weight is 56# with steering components
          2000$
          Thanks Bill Billings
        • sonsofthunderdn
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 26, 2006
            i am selling off my dn. this is a complete boat. aluminum mast and
            boom, 2 sails one new boston used about 15 times. one older boltape i
            was going to cut down for storm sail.bull nose runners with longer
            aluminum stiffeners.new paint in 04 needs some touchup.tiller and foot
            pedal steering(cannot use both at same time.homemade roof rack(fits on
            top of blazer). this is a strong built boat that will withstand a lot
            of abuse. not really race competitive, but is perfect for the
            beginning iceboater
            or for those rough ice days you dont want to run your expensive rig.
            contact brian at 585-233-9350 or email to sonsofthunderdn@...
            boat is located in webster new york (rochester area)
          • Dave Cannell
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 26, 2006
              Brian,

              And the price is ???

              Pirate_Dave
              --

              --
              ><> dcannell@... <><
              ><> go fly a kite <><
              ><> and may the wind at your back not be your own... <><
            • brian luke
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 27, 2006
                sorry i forgot to put that in. i will edit it today. i am asking $2000 for the whole setup. this also includes a set of slush runners that need some work, but are useable.

                Dave Cannell <dcannell@...> wrote: Brian,

                And the price is ???

                Pirate_Dave
                --

                --
                ><> dcannell@... <><
                ><> go fly a kite <><
                ><> and may the wind at your back not be your own... <><

                ---------------------------------

              • brian luke
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 27, 2006
                  dave , sorry about that i am asking $2000 for everything. brian

                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 27, 2006
                    sorry everyone i forgot to post the price.i am asking $2000 for the
                    whole shebang.this also includes a set of slush runners that need some
                    work (RUSTED).
                  • Eric Altomare
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 29, 2006
                      Hi I was wondering if you'd be interested in selling off a sail. I recently built an iceboat and I am looking around to pick up a used sail. If so how much.

                      Thanks,

                      Eric

                      sonsofthunderdn <sonsofthunderdn@...> wrote: i am selling off my dn. this is a complete boat. aluminum mast and

                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 31, 2006
                          Hey Brian - If it's sailable, its probably ok for me. I just responded to Bruce who had a couple of sails for sale. 100 bucks sound pretty good especially since I am very novice. Would you ship it? Let me know.

                          Thanks,
                          Eric

                          brian luke <sonsofthunderdn@...> wrote: eric, the old sail i have is really beat.it also has about a 3" tear near the top.(i ran it over when my forestay let loose)this can easily be fixed with some tape, but it really isnt that good for sailing.it is so stretched out that about 2" of pull on the sheet will go from barely moving to stall..if you want it i will let it go for $100. it would make a great storm sail.i would highly suggest you put an ad on iceboat.org for a used sail though. thats how i got my new one for a great price.

                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 3, 2006
                            eric-i can send it to you ups. of course you will need battens for it.
                            send check to brian s. luke
                            541 wahlmont drive
                            webster n.y. 14580 cya on the ice brian

                              Message 14 of 20 , Sep 27, 2010