SECOND ICE BOAT JAMBOREE, NOV 14 -16TH

  • jonhix2
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 7, 2003
      The second Iceboat Jamboree& Seminar, November 14-16,2003 will be
      held at the Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs, New York.This
      region of New York is very lovely in the fall, and Saratoga Springs
      is an historic health spa. For spouses and significant others, there
      is plenty of local color and entertainment including area antique
      shops, book stores, boutiques,a wide variety of restaurants, museums
      and more.
      This years event will play host to Dan Clapp,Henry Bossett, Jan and
      Meade Gougeon, Bob Dill, Ron Sherry, Jeff Kent, Greg Cornelius, and
      Lloyd Roberts who are presenting information on a wide variety of
      subjects.Beginners and newcomers are encouraged to attend this
      event.It is a phenominal way to learn a lot about the sport in a very
      short peiod of time.
      The first Jamboree two years ago was focused on DN sailing with
      presentations on mast dynamics,sail types, runners, strategies of
      sailing faster and safer, and tactics. Mr. Lloyd Roberts, auther of
      THINK ICE noted "I finally got some insight into what makes a rubber
      mast work and what is going on when they work.This had eluded me for
      years. I had been given a lot of on-the-ice tuning advice, but did
      not grasp why these things should be done,what was going on and what
      to look for in sail behavior. It is hard to say who lit the light
      bulb.I think it was the combined pearls cast by Jan Gougeon, Henry
      Bossett, Greg Cornelius, Jeff Kent Bob Dill and the questions asked
      by the attending sailors. I learned more in 21/2 days than in several
      years of actual sailing, it was very exciting, concludes Roberts.
      We look forward seeing you all at the event. The Jamboree costs only
      $19.95.
      To secure your seat please send check or money order to Jon Hix, PO
      Box 487, Wolfeboro Falls NH 03896. Group hotel rates will be in
      effect until Oct. 24,2003. For reservations please call the Gideon
      Putnam at 1-800-732-1560 or visit their web site at
      www.gideonputnam.com
    • Ed Atkeson
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10, 2003
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 10, 2003
          I'll be there Jon

          Scott

        • jon hix
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 11, 2003
            Scott, Thanks for the note. I hope all is well.--Jon

            Jvalent389@... wrote:I'll be there Jon

            Scott

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            GO FAST - Stay SAFE - Never sail alone
            Unsubscribe: IceBoating-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          • jgreenpub2002
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 15, 2003
              Does anyone know if there will be a swap meet at the
              Jamboree? and if so, on what day. I can only attend one day of
              the weekend and I'm looking for a starter boat and equipment.
              Thanks
              Julie
            • Jeff
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 15, 2003
                "Does anyone know if there will be a swap meet at the
                Jamboree? and if so, on what day. I can only attend one day of
                the weekend and I'm looking for a starter boat and equipment.
                Thanks
                Julie"

                Julie,

                I do not think that a swap meet is planned for the Jamboree.
                Northwind Iceboats (Steve D.) will be in attendence and he will most
                bring some of his inventory. The New England Ice Yacht Assoc. will be
                having their annual meeting with a swap meet preceding and following
                the meeting on Sat. November 1st at the Wyndham in Westboro MA. Swap
                meet starts at 9:00am Meeting/Luncheon begins at 12:00pm sharp. Go
                early for the best deals.

                Jeff
              • Julie Green
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 15, 2003
                  The date and the distance for the NE swap meet won't
                  work. If anyone knows of a swap meet in the eastern
                  Onatario, upstate NY or Lake Champlain area, please
                  let me know.
                  Thanks again,
                  Julie

                  http://shopping.yahoo.com