Thanks

  • icbrdmn
    Message 1 of 9 , May 10, 2003
      Thanks to Roger, Pete, Peter, Bill and Doug for buying the New
      England Ice Yacht Association hats. The money has been sent off to
      Secretary/Treasurer, Amos, so I am safe from the muscle for a while.
      There are still four baseball hats ($20) and 3 fleece-lined earflap
      hats($25) left.

      Baseball: 2 White
      1 White w. navy brim
      1 Navy w. charcoal brim

      Fleece Hat: 2 Navy
      1 Royal Blue

      I do not plan to get more next year, as the market is about saturated
      for a while, so act now. Send me an email if you are interested, and
      I will reply with the availability and where to send the check, made
      out to NEIYA.

      Remember, wearing the hat is a good way to get people to ask about
      ice sailing, and you need that stimulation in the off-season.

      Think Ice!

      icbrdmn
    • Bix duPont
      Message 2 of 9 , May 10, 2003
        Hi, I'd like to buy a navy / charcol baseball hat if you have it. Thanks, Bix I'm at Bix duPont 24 Madrina La Madison, C.T. 06445

        icbrdmn <akafira@...> wrote:Thanks to Roger, Pete, Peter, Bill and Doug for buying the New
        England Ice Yacht Association hats. The money has been sent off to
        Secretary/Treasurer, Amos, so I am safe from the muscle for a while.
        There are still four baseball hats ($20) and 3 fleece-lined earflap
        hats($25) left.

        Baseball: 2 White
        1 White w. navy brim
        1 Navy w. charcoal brim

        Fleece Hat: 2 Navy
        1 Royal Blue

        I do not plan to get more next year, as the market is about saturated
        for a while, so act now. Send me an email if you are interested, and
        I will reply with the availability and where to send the check, made
        out to NEIYA.

        Remember, wearing the hat is a good way to get people to ask about
        ice sailing, and you need that stimulation in the off-season.

        Think Ice!

        icbrdmn

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        GO FAST - Stay SAFE - Never sail alone
        Unsubscribe: IceBoating-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      • Bill Cunningham
        Message 3 of 9 , May 12, 2003
          Dear Icbrdmn.
          What size are the fleece hats? I take a XL. NEIYA member Bill Cunningham

          Message 4 of 9 , May 22, 2003
            Any more NEIYA baseball hats left?

          • hardwaremaker
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 5 10:00 PM
              Thanks for the info it helped me a little. Let me ask this on average
              how much do everyones iceboat weigh. And i read somewhere tonight
              that they used wheelbarrow wheels like i said before but they changed
              the berrings out and put raceing berrings in weather that was really
              true or not who knows. But the reason y i got the wheelbarrow wheel
              was basicly to get me started in land sailing and it looks like the
              only differance betwll land saing and icesaling is one uses blade and
              one uses wheels. I am sure most of you put wheels on your ice boats
              sometime during the year :D lol. Thanks for all your help i will
              study this out a little more before i dive right in which won't take
              me long LOL. But when i do finisl it i will take some pics and post
              them or e mail them to the MOD. person so he can post them for
              everyone to see.

              Oh one more thing how tall is the average sail not the mast pole just
              where the material is because i thought about making a 9'tall by 5'
              wide sail. And how do thy know what class you would be in is it by
              the size of your boat or the size of your sail?

              P.S. y do these landsailers or iceboats cost so dang much to buy them
              from a retailer sheesh lol

              THANKS AGAIN MIKE
            • Jeff
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 6 4:55 AM
                --- In IceBoating@yahoogroups.com, wrote:
                . Let me ask this on average how much do everyones iceboat weigh. And
                i read somewhere tonight
                that they used wheelbarrow wheels like i said before but they changed
                the berrings out and put raceing berrings in weather that was really

                Mike,

                DN iceboat hulls weigh in around 50lbs. I have sailed a landsailor
                that used wheel barrell wheels with go cart bearings and they will
                work. The rubber won't last long on pavement though. As far as sail
                rigs why build a sail when you can buy a used windsurfing rig with
                mast that will work better than anything you can build yourself.

                Jeff
              • Ed Atkeson
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 6 11:14 AM
                  > P.S. y do these landsailers or iceboats cost so dang much to buy them
                  > from a retailer sheesh lol
                  Mike,
                  There was just an offer from Paul Gervais, a complete DN for 1500.
                  MUCH cheaper than building.
                  go for it,
                  Ed A
                  Albany NY