SailNorth pond Webster Lake in webster ma. Tomorrow Saturday has been cancelled!

  • billy b
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2013
      Plans to sail Webster Lake in webster ma. Tomorrow Saturday have been scratched do to local fishing derby sponsored by a local sportsmans club..The police information is that there will be over 100 fisherman on North pond plus there families...The Memorial beach aunch is owned by the town of webster and the club has pulled and payed for a permit for tomorrow...So discretion being the better part of valor..we local boys have scrambled to find an alternate sight for tomorrow..
      We chose Quabaug pond in brookfeild ma..this site has not been sailed since the blizzard but reports are that there is enough suitable ice for mabe 20 iceboats..There Some travel trails from the fisherman and there atv's..But suitable conditions for sailing exist...We locals will be there very early..Please sail as though the ice is "suspitious and may have hazards" until the entire area is deamed safe..(If you sail a dn sit up and pay attention)..This has been a perfectly free accident season in this area..so far..
      This could very well be the last of the sailing this winter in this area..Let go of what ever you value important to do ..If you value your ice time a little more..light Snow expected around 3PM and good wind all day..