Insert runners

  • kabelli
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
      I am looking for 36" X 1/4" stainless steel insert runners.The bodies can be beat up as long as the blades are straight.

      Kevin
    • James Thieler
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
        Did you contact Steve at Northwind Iceboats?   He always seems to have plenty of gear-

        Steve Duhamel   nthwind1@...
        http://www.northwindiceboats.com/

        Also check the classifieds at the NEIYA and IDNIYRA sites-

        Good luck!    T    DN 5224

        James "T" Thieler
        12 Channing St.
        Newport, RI 02840

        401-258-6230
        t_thieler@...

      • abelli50@metrocast.net
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
          Thanks "T"
          Kevin

          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 2, 2012
            No problem-   are you in New England?

            James "T" Thieler
            12 Channing St.
            Newport, RI 02840

            401-258-6230
            t_thieler@...

            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 3, 2012
              I am from Meredith NH

              Kevin

              From: abelli50@... <abelli50@...>
              To: IceBoating@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Tuesday, October 2, 2012, 7:53 AM

              Thanks "T"
              Kevin

              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 3, 2012
                Cool-  hope to see you at the NEIYA swap meet!   Check the site for details-

                Cheers,   T

                James "T" Thieler
                12 Channing St.
                Newport, RI 02840

                401-258-6230
                t_thieler@...

                From: James Thieler t_thieler@...
                Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 04:55:09 -0700 (PDT)
                To: IceBoating@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 17, 2016
                  Hey all,

                    I hope some of these cool mornings are starting to get the garages, basements and shops fired up for some good hardwater sailing this year!
                    I've had a lot of interest in finding insert runners to help get their programs moving forward for this season. If anyone out there has T's, 1/4, 3/16-  30" or 36" runners I am looking to get these into the right hands and get them on the ice if your not using them anymore.
                    Any other questions on getting into racing DN's this year send me a note and we'll try to get you set up and on the ice.
                     Best, Chad

                  Chad Atkins- Eastern Rear Commodore

                • Bill VanEe
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 21, 2016
                    Chad,

                    Having reached the age of ouch, ouch, ouch.....I can do better than just runners.....how about a pretty Ford blue DN, with, alum mast, wood boom,  doyle sail, three sets of skates (blades, inserts, slushers) and registered  (NY) covered  trailer.....needs to find a good home and some good ice.

                    Thanks

                    Bill

                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 21, 2016
                      Hey Bill-  sounds good-   Contact Chad directly at catkins4487@...
                      Cheers!

                      James "T" Thieler
                      12 Channing St.
                      Newport, RI.   02840

                      401 258 6230

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 21, 2016
                        Bill,
                        Got a rough price?

                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 21, 2016
                              Bill, don't know if you remember me, but I bought Siebold Korn's boat that you built for him. Fortunately you made the cockpit maximum length since I am 6'6"! Sounds like the end of an era if you are selling your boat. Still sailing mine, along with my C&C 35 and Comet, but get the greatest thrill from my DN.

                              Hope to see you again one day.

                              Chris Price

                              Sent from my iPad

                              $1500 SOUNDS FAIR TO ME....

                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 22, 2016
                                Chris,

                                Sorry, but we have a case of mistaken identity here....don’t worry, you are not the first....you are among some good company, including doctors, banks, etc..... I am VanEe and your Bill is VanGee....we both grew up in the same town and it is our mutual cross to bear. I could not build a DN if my life depended on it.....and can just make one move on the ice..... Mr. VanGee on the other hand can do both quite well.....

                                Be well, be safe.....

                                BV

                                I hope some of these cool mornings are starting to get the garages, basements and shops fired up for some good hardwater sailing this year!
                                I've had a lot of interest in finding insert runners to help get their programs moving forward for this season. If anyone out there has T's, 1/4, 3/16- 30" or 36" runners I am looking to get these into the right hands and get them on the ice if your not using them anymore.

                                Any other questions on getting into racing DN's this year send me a note and we'll try to get you set up and on the ice.
                                Best, Chad

                                Chad Atkins- Eastern Rear Commodore
                                Catkins4487@...

                              • Bill VanEe
                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 22, 2016
                                  Been dreaming about $1500 for the whole package....keep an I on Iceboating.yahoo.com  will probably be listing is within the next week or so....

                                  Tx

                                  BV

                                  Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 5:44 PM

                                  Bill,
                                  Got a rough price?

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Sep 22, 2016
                                    Thank you, finally some one has cleared that up. I worked with VanGee at Sills marina and didn't think there could be another. And after 35 years I still can't paint as good as he.
                                    Andrew Pimental

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Sep 23, 2016
                                      Hi Bill
                                      Is the DN still avail?