3 DNs and Trailer Stolen in NJ

  • James Thieler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2009
      Hello Everybody-

      Hope everyone is surviving the summer OK- The following was posted in the Sailing Anarchy Forum, thought I'd pass it along. The word "bummer" doesn't quite cover it...

      One of my buddies had one of the worst things happen to him this past Sunday. He had had his 3 DN Ice Boats, 1 Ice Bird, Sails, Tools, etc - ALL STOLEN!!!

      He had them all in his trailer in Shrewsbury, NJ. Pictures of the Boats and Trailers are attached. More likely than not someone eyeballed the trailer for landscaping or something and hooked up and towed it out of the yard. Meaning they will either just dump the sailing gear or try and sell it.

      I know the larger SA community has a big ice boat contingent, so please forward to your friends who are active in the DN class.

      Can you imagine how P*SSED you would be in someone stole your boat / gear / sails / etc??? Im getting a hitch lock for my boat...

      If you have ANY information regarding these items please reach out to:

      Elliott Shanley
      eshanley@...
      908-489-0727

      Thread is here: