ISA General Rules and Regs.doc

  • johhnysrocket2003
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
      I posted ISA General Rules and Regs.doc in the files section for a more detailed look at the skeeter rules.
    • Jeff Smith
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
        Thanks for the ISA general Rules. Could you or someone elsepost the regulations for the B Skeeters?
        Thanks,
        Jeff

        --- In IceBoating@yahoogroups.com, "johhnysrocket2003" <johhnysrocket2003@...> wrote:

        > I posted ISA General Rules and Regs.doc in the files section for a more detailed look at the skeeter rules.

      • Southampton Village Photo
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
          Yes, I would be interested in any rules particular to B skeeters or Yankees as well if anyone has them. I just purchased Kieth Kennedays Yankee "Stinger" and hope to travel & compete at some of the regattas next winter. If anyone has any information on joining the International Skeeter Association or the Yankee Association, that would also be appreciated.

          Chris Geminski
          Long Island, NY

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
            The for mentioned rules just said 2 side by side seating. I have heard from others that B skeeter regulations can be a little sticky depending on what individuals or club you are talking to. It seems like the East has Yankee's and the Mid West has Buemke? B skeeters. Any slight variation of the boat may send someone into cardiac arrest. I've heard some weird stuff about Renegade's with 20' c skeeter spars not mixing with other different c skeeters too. It sounds like allot of this type of additude has hurt the Skeeter class in general.
            I like how the Dirtboaters do their open development classes. The only rule is combined mast boom and sail for sail area or wing area. This stops all the nitpicking and makes real development flurish.

            --- In IceBoating@yahoogroups.com, Southampton Village Photo <shvillagephoto@...> wrote:

            > Yes, I would be interested in any rules particular to B skeeters or Yankees as well if anyone has them. I just purchased Kieth Kennedays Yankee "Stinger" and hope to travel & compete at some of the regattas next winter. If anyone has any information on joining the International Skeeter Association or the Yankee Association, that would also be appreciated.
            >
            > Chris Geminski
            > Long Island, NY

          • Thomas Nichols
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
              ISA Lake Champlain,Vt. 2009, Wind max 8mph, Ice conditions 5, Max speed 56mph. Speed recorded on Bob Dill's GPS system. I do not know of any other sail powered craft that can equal that level of efficency. On better ice my speed could have easily 60mph probable acheiving 8 times the wind speed. Skeeter development has produced truly super boats in light to moderate wind. By the way the DN's had trouble making the time limit. 56mph was on a down wind leg, not on a reach.

              Tom Nichols

              > The for mentioned rules just said 2 side by side seating. I
              > have heard from others that B skeeter regulations can be a
              > little sticky depending on what individuals or club you are
              > talking to. It seems like the East has Yankee's and the
              > Mid West has Buemke? B skeeters. Any slight variation of the
              > boat may send someone into cardiac arrest. I've heard
              > some weird stuff about Renegade's with 20' c skeeter
              > spars not mixing with other different c skeeters too. It
              > sounds like allot of this type of additude has hurt the
              > Skeeter class in general.
              > I like how the Dirtboaters do their open development
              > classes. The only rule is combined mast boom and sail for
              > sail area or wing area. This stops all the nitpicking and
              > makes real development flurish.
              >

              > --- In IceBoating@yahoogroups.com, Southampton Village
              > Photo <shvillagephoto@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Yes, I would be interested in any rules particular to
              > B skeeters or Yankees as well if anyone has them. I just
              > purchased Kieth Kennedays Yankee "Stinger" and
              > hope to travel & compete at some of the regattas next
              > winter. If anyone has any information on joining the
              > International Skeeter Association or the Yankee Association,
              > that would also be appreciated.
              > >
              > > Chris Geminski
              > > Long Island, NY

            • Ed Atkeson
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
                TN >>> ISA Lake Champlain,Vt. 2009, Wind max 8mph, Ice conditions 5,
                Max speed 56mph. Speed recorded on Bob Dill's GPS system. I do not
                know of any other sail powered craft that can equal that level of
                efficency. On better ice my speed could have easily 60mph probable
                acheiving 8 times the wind speed. Skeeter development has produced
                truly super boats in light to moderate wind. By the way the DN's had
                trouble making the time limit. 56mph was on a down wind leg, not on a
                reach.
                ---------------------
                Yeah, that's pretty amazing. I was there that day and noticed ...
                best,
                Ed A

                Obvious next question... how fast do you think your boat could safely
                go?
              • Jeff Brown
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
                  I would like to hear more about what Bob Dill's GPS system is all about.
                  Does he use multiple Navi GT-31 devices?

                  Jeff

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 2, 2009
                    Hi Chris,
                    Congratulations! You have bought a very good boat in a great class.
                    Yankee specs & membership in the Yankee Assoc. can be obtained from:

                    Mark Hancik
                    305 Dey Grove Rd.
                    Monroe Township, NJ 08831

                    Home(732) 446-4377
                    rebel219@...

                    Mark should also have info on ISA membership.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 2, 2009
                      Ed,
                      I think 90mph is about the upper limit. We have seen GPS speeds in the mid 80's.

                      Tom

                      > TN >>> ISA Lake Champlain,Vt. 2009, Wind max 8mph,
                      > Ice conditions 5,
                      > Max speed 56mph. Speed recorded on Bob Dill's GPS
                      > system. I do not
                      > know of any other sail powered craft that can equal that
                      > level of
                      > efficency. On better ice my speed could have easily 60mph
                      > probable
                      > acheiving 8 times the wind speed. Skeeter development has
                      > produced
                      > truly super boats in light to moderate wind. By the way the
                      > DN's had
                      > trouble making the time limit. 56mph was on a down wind
                      > leg, not on a
                      > reach.
                      > ---------------------
                      > Yeah, that's pretty amazing. I was there that day and
                      > noticed ...
                      > best,
                      > Ed A
                      >
                      > Obvious next question... how fast do you think your boat
                      > could safely
                      > go?
                    • johhnysrocket2003
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 2, 2009
                        I was talking to a friend of mine last night about his B skeeter. He told me there are some rules floating around somewhere. He thought m Spark Lundgren sp.? may know them. By his recollection he though mast ht limit of 25' and maybe a minimum ht , minimum fuselage weight 250 lbs?, and runners length limitations for a few. Approved sails.

                        I've heard a few A skeeters gpsing at 92 and 95 mph max. Other say they go well over 100 mph with out getting specific. I would love to see a legitimate speed recording event similar to what NALSA has done for years. Fastest Dn,Renegade, Nite etc.
                        Conventional high end dirt boats top out at high 80's . I've only heard one going 92mph via gps and another solid wing topping out at 99mph using a speedo before gps was available.

                        --- In IceBoating@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Nichols <tom1nichols@...> wrote:

                        > Ed,
                        > I think 90mph is about the upper limit. We have seen GPS speeds in the mid 80's.
                        >
                        > Tom

                      • Jeff Brown
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 2, 2009
                          John,
                          This website is well on the way to having class distinctions with all ice sailing craft.

                          http://www.gps-icesailing.com/

                          Go to this page to see a sorted overall list, then click in upper right field to sort classes.

                          http://www.gps-icesailing.com/default.aspx?mnu=rankings

                          In order to comply with session postings, your GPS must be set up correctly and have your data analyzed by PC supported software to eliminate spikes.

                          The requirements for speed records might be more stringent than NALSA.
                          But I expect the owners of this website to coordinate with other organizations like NALSA in the future.
                          Either way, the technology is here an now.
                          Join up!

                          Jeff Brown